CHAPTER 37

(Haron’s POV)

“The Warrior is here! Our Hero has come out of his carriage.”

“Please look over here, Warrior!”

“Look over there son. He’s the great Warrior who is always protecting us.”

Different stories filled with praises were swarming from one place to another, yet Haron still looked at them with a disinterested expression.

As if he was barely listening to the stories they were telling, and didn’t care about them at all.

But on the contrary, people became more enthusiastic because of his attitude.

Although, of course, his number one fan was Marquis Frenbel.

“It seems that the square is jam-packed with people from all over the kingdom. There weren’t many people at the procession. But it shows, here on the square, how much they adore you, Warrior.”

“The Marquis seems to be in a good mood today?”

“Haha, of course I won’t deny it. I’ve gained so much from this and it’s all thanks to you.”

As Haron looked at the Marquis’s beaming smile, he suddenly turned around.

If it was in the past, Haron wouldn’t have intervened in a battle between humans.

Since most of those fights were tied to power struggles, which he didn’t want to be a part of.

Haron didn’t want those kinds of complicated relationships to occur for political reasons.

Duke Blake was not the reason why he participated in this war. It was his own will.

“Can I ask why you suddenly changed your mind?”

“What do you mean?”

“As far as I know the Warrior that I know of is a bit different, let’s say a little more…”

“…”

“You’re a bit more kind.”

“Much kinder…”

Haron smiled for the first time as he listened to what the Marquis was saying.

“I wasn’t kind. I’m just simply a pushover.”

How foolish of him to sacrifice himself for others without asking for anything in return.

In time, he realized how foolish he was for wasting so much time and effort all for nothing.

“Now I know the importance of money, influence, and power…?”

Two years ago, when he failed to kill the Devil, all of his hard work had turned into dust and he was also labeled as shameless.

Contrary to the speculation of those who said it would be difficult for him to get back up again, in less than two years, he became more popular than ever before.

[People like those hot-blooded heroes, rather than those kind hearted defenders of the world.]

It was what Riggs suggested to him.

It’s human nature for people to be more interested in where they would benefit the most rather than for world peace.

Haron’s eyes darkened even more.

Everyone was shouting for him, but no one was able to get his attention.

Even if they flocked like a swarm of bees now, in times of struggle, if he collapsed again, they would all turn their backs on him.