Chapter 62

(3rd person pov cont.)

The emperor quickly made a decision due to the people’s fear, shouts, and the attack of the knights.

Lucia’s threats worked much better than expected.

In addition, it seemed that the emperor had already been preparing for an agreement for peace before then.

Indeed, rather than relying on the Warrior to prepare for war, it would have been beneficial to the imperial honor to make peace.

She stayed in the capital as a state guest until the other’s official pledge was completed.

The place of stay was very far from the emperor’s palace, and it is easy to monitor separately because it is far from the emperor’s palace.

No matter how much they said they were making peace, no one could imagine the Devil staying in the imperial palace as a state guest. There was only one reason that made this possible.

‘I’ll be by her side all day to protect the empire thoroughly.’

It was because no one else but the Warrior came forward to watch.

Of course, the emperor was in favor of this idea. On the outside, it was attached in the name of security and escort, and in reality, he was the most appropriate person for the surveillance and confinement of the devil.

Lucia liked it the same way because it didn’t have a troublesome tag.

“I’ll send someone there every morning. If you have any inconvenience or need, you can tell him.”

“Right.”

The assistant, who came as the emperor’s aide, couldn’t look properly at Lucia with his eyes down throughout the entire agreement process.

“Then, let’s wrap up the rest at the official meeting, now that we have a temporary agreement.”

“Wait a minute.”

Lucia cut him off. The assistant, who met her red eyes, trembled slightly.

“Even if you have to make a separate order…”

“The one who caused this commotion.”

She tilted her chin. An icy low voice came out of her mouth.

“You have to tell me how you’ll deal with it. Isn’t he the one who made me come here?”

She rolled the mahone stones in her hand, making a clattering sound. It was the stones collected from the nobles on that same day.

Looking into her fierce eyes, the aide made excuses while trembling less.

“A disciplinary meeting is taking place now. However, until then, there was no agreement between the empire and the demons, so harassing the demons is an unusual matter that has no punishment yet…”

“So, you won’t punish him?”

“That’s not the case!”

The aide shouted urgently.

As with Carl Altor, a bigger problem for the empire was that Shiana was involved in this.

As things grew bigger, she confessed with tears that she had received a fortune from Carl.