CHAPTER 30

I put up layers of shields around my body, but Haron quickly penetrated the few layers of shield and stabbed me.

“What…”

I couldn’t scream or make a noise. I was so embarrassed and surprised that I couldn’t even feel the pain. Once the defense was breached, I was helplessly swayed by his attack.

‘What happened all of the sudden…!’

It was such a light, fast movement that I wondered if it was him who was stumbling down there just now.

I desperately tried to shake off the pain and concentrate on predicting his behavior, but I kept missing it.

‘Now that it has come to this… I have no choice but to use that method.’

There was no moment to hesitate. I waited for the moment he raised his sword, and I quickly spread pain all over the area. If I unleash the power of pain like this he will surely fall under my power.

‘It’s okay, it’s okay. We can faint together. This is my castle, and Tina and the others will find out first.’

I ended up using the power of pain within the confinement for both of us. That’s my strongest strength. For about 5 seconds, ruthless pain penetrated my body. I couldn’t breathe properly.

‘If we fall down… together like this…’

But at the next moment, I witnessed an incredible sight.

Haron kept moving even though the power of pain was being used. Slowly, step-by-step, he came towards me.

I thought to myself, ‘how can there be such a handsome monster?’. The monster was approaching me while enduring the power of pain.

“Ah…”

A sharp sword, once again, breached my stomach. If someone were to ask me what hurted more, the power of pain or the sword, I couldn’t answer. Both of them hurted like crazy.

Eventually, I felt like I was floating and fell straight down to the podium.

~*~

(3rd person pov)

“Haa… Cough…”

On the podium, Haron breathed heavily as if he was going to die. He could feel the blood in his throat. It was a reaction that tells him that the body is at a limit. He lost his touch for a moment.

Should he suffer from the pain of breaking his whole body right now just to feel happy about killing the devil? Or should he blame himself for borrowing the mahone’s power as a warrior?

He couldn’t figure it out at all.

[Hahaha! It’s fun, it’s very fun. It’s been so long since I’ve had a body that fits so well. Yes, you can become this strong if you sign a formal contract with me!]

“…”

First, he decided to ignore what he had heard in his head.

Haron squeezed the last remaining force down the podium. There was the body of the devil who was stabbed to death by his sword. An ordinary person would’ve died, of course.

But since his opponent was the devil, he approached it to confirm whether it was really dead.

“…It’s still alive.”

The body moved in the slightest. Black blood soaked on the ground showing that it was not a common fatal wound.

The devil, who had been struggling on the ground, slowly raised its upper body. Haron was very surprised at the fact that it still had the power to sit up in such condition. However, it seemed that it had no strength to face Haron any longer, so Haron thrust his sword under the devil’s neck.