CHAPTER 10

At that moment, I blanked out as if I was hit on the head with a big hammer. I was so embarrassed that I couldn’t feel the scars on my hand.

The warrior broke through the barrier in the monster’s territory. He was hurt like that yesterday and suddenly went back out today?

Was there a quest like that? No, it can’t be. Most of the quests that came near the Devil’s Castle are related to the defeat of the Devil, or only a few light requests from the NPCs.

Occasionally, there were quests to deal with creatures, but breaking the barrier of the monster’s territory was something I have never seen or heard of before.

‘I expected for the story to be somewhat twisted, but why this way?’

I couldn’t afford to think deeper. No matter how much I didn’t want to admit properly, I was the Devil now, and I can’t just wait and watch the demons die.

In addition, most of the creatures living in that area were middle and low-grade. Strong monsters like Deran and Derakal either roamed by themselves or lived in deep dungeons.

Obviously, if fully armed humans and the warrior attacks, the damage will be enormous. I quickly started to move.

***

Haron, breathing heavily, asked the commander of the knights of the lord.

“Sigh, isn’t this enough?”

Fire was burning the area through, and the monsters were fleeing deeper. Blood was dripping from Haron’s sword. He had no idea how many he even killed.

Haron then wiped the blood of his chin with the back of his hand. However, the commander of the knights remained steadfast when he saw the scene.

“What are you talking about? We’re still far out.”

“…”

“If you’re struggling, then aim for the rest of the smaller ones here.”

A clear disregard. Although Haron was much higher in status and strength, the actual command was given to the commander of the knights.

He knew Haron wouldn’t be able to give out orders, so he was able to act cheekily.

“We’re going to have to kill a hundred more.”

The commander said and jingled the pocket in his hand, which contained the Mahone Stones. The other soldiers also mercilessly massacred the fleeing baby creatures, rather than dealing with the larger ones that were harder to catch, in order to win as many stones as possible.

Seeing it, Haron gritted his teeth slightly. No matter, he still gets shaken at the sight of the young babies being slayed.

While Haron was busy dealing with many strong monsters that might be a threat to the humans, other soldiers were excited to kill the weak and pocket the Mahone Stones.

But that wasn’t enough, for the soldiers found a demon whose leg was hurt and had a hard time walking, and decided to stab him.

“Hey, look at him. He’s limping.”

“Polaris, if you touch him, won’t he jump up and down?”

They bullied the injured creature with their swords as if dealing with an interesting toy. While dragging his bloody legs, the demon groaned while still trying to protect the younglings.

Even though it was an order from the superior to kill, those men’s acts were unacceptable. Human nature really does come out when dealing with something weaker than themselves. Haron couldn’t contain his anger any longer and turned to stop the soldiers.