CHAPTER 21

There was now a sudden silence in the room.

The lord couldn’t keep talking with his stiff voice panting. Haron quickly recognized Carl’s intentions and frowned.

No matter how much Carl was from the Marquis family, it was hard to frame the warrior alone.

However, if the lord was a witness, the situation would change a little.

“What do you think, lord?”

Haron was so dumbfounded that he let out a laugh. He and Carl have been in a bad relationship ever since they were in the capital.

It was also usually Haron who’s at the lower end, and this time, it was an extension of a similar situation.

The difference was that this time, Carl’s claim was more serious than usual.

“I don’t know what’s the point in catching a living person without evidence.”

“There’s not enough evidence, but I think it’s enough.”

Carl’s answer went through Haron’s mind. All he could hear was ‘I don’t have any proof but I just want to bury you’. Carl then just shrugged and continued.

“I heard that most of the mahone stones this time were collected by the warrior.”

“…”

“Then you should know that the lord had a huge sum of the stones. Plus, you’re a man who can enter and leave the lord’s room freely without any soldiers restraining you…”

“It’s just a guess.”

Haron frowned and said in a determined voice. It was just a malicious slander that contains no logic if anyone hears.

“It seems that you want to blame me somehow, but you can’t. I didn’t have to steal because I was with the lord the entire morning.”

“Well, since you’re the warrior, I wonder if you could use any other superhuman method…”

Carl glanced at the lord with the corner of his eyes. However, he was still shivering and couldn’t agree with him properly. No, it was more accurate that he couldn’t.

No matter how much the lord wanted Carl to be on his side more than Haron, this lie was too serious just for that reason.

‘If Duke Blake finds out…!’

He couldn’t figure out what Carl believed in and why he was so confident.

Carl, who saw the swaying eyes of the lord, clicked his tongue. It’s because the man who rules a territory is indecisive and he didn’t like that so he shook his head.

It was a well-anticipated development.

‘You’ll eventually cooperate with me even if you don’t want to anyways.’

Carl looked at Haron again with a confident smile.

“Okay, then we’ll turn around.”

“What else will you do…”

“What if it was the warrior’s maid who did it?”

Haron’s hands flinched for a moment, and Carl noticed the brief movement.

“What do you mean all of the sudden?”

“Well, won’t that be right? If you were the warrior’s maid, you would’ve heard of the Mahone stones while staying with him, and his room was recently just moved near the lord’s room, right?”

“…”

“It’s a person that can roam around alone when the two of you are outside of the castle while meeting us. The maid is definitely a suspect.”