CHAPTER 6

He couldn’t kill the monsters completely, but they also suffered serious injuries and ran away. It won’t come near the town for some time. Haron thought so.

‘… I wonder if they got to the town safely.’

He recalled the women who had left him behind. He had been a warrior for years, where he learned to save others. Especially that little blonde girl. The moment he saw the child’s kind and clear eyes, he was struck with the idea that he had to save her for some reason.

‘However… what bothers me more now…’

He managed to wipe the blood from his mouth, and then his head sank. The familiarness of pain and loneliness were mixed along the night as cold wind brushed his cheeks.

The accumulated fatigue and pain were overlapping and made his eyelids heavy. For a moment, Haron leaned against a tree and tried to close his eyes for a while.

“… Are you alright?”

A warm light shined in the dark with a seductive voice that flowed like beads. A silver-haired woman who had abandoned him earlier, stood there.

“You… Why are you here?”

“I don’t know why I’m here.”

She approached him with a hair that seemed to be made of melted silver. Then, she slowly took out a handkerchief and pressed it onto his mouth to wipe off the blood.

Haron worried for a moment what his dirty blood would stain her fine hands.

It may sound childish, but she was like an angel he had seen in a fairytale book when he was very young. She had shining red eyes like a jewel and her lips looked as sweet as cherry.

“Well, I guess I was worried about you.”

***

(Lucia’s pov)

I shouldn’t have pretended not to know. The first thing I thought about was the appearance of the warrior abandoned in the woods like a puppy in the rain.

When I heard that Deran and Derakal were unable to kill him, I came to see how he was. I didn’t have any intention to kill him myself since it has been a while.

However, the warrior I encountered was so regretful that it made me think some time.

“It’s dangerous here, so stop… ugh.”

“Stay still. The wound is big.”

Whenever the warrior started speaking, blood flowed from the wound. The hem of his clothes were torn and stained with blood. An average person would’ve died from shock, or at least fainted by now.

‘Deran and Derakal didn’t hurt him that bad.’

At first glance, there are many small scratches, but most of them were light. What’s making his condition bad now were the wounds he had beforehand. It’s obvious that he hasn’t been properly treated, and he’s constantly getting hurt.

I hurriedly took out the healing foam from the basket I brought and poured it onto his wound. The amount was small because it was purchased in case Tina’s ankle wound was exposed.

What I’m doing is only first aid. Whenever the foam flowed through his wounds, he frowned slightly.

“Are you sick?”

At my innocent question, he glanced at his side with a blank face for a moment, as if he was thinking about it. This can’t hurt that bad, so is he sick?

I mercilessly poured the rest of the remaining foam. His face, which had been frowning, gradually loosened. Only then did he start talking.

“Why did you come back? What if there were other creatures…”