CHAPTER 40

(Haron’s POV)

“Welcome back Warrior, I’m glad that you’re back safe and sound.”

‘Indeed, it’s the face of the one that I didn’t want to see.’

Haron thought as he looked at Duke Blake, who smiled politely at him, no, pretending to be smiling at him.

There were no more than ten people, including the Duke who came out to greet him.

Haron replied indifferently, to the crowd of people who were eager enough to greet him, the triumphant general.

“Yes.”

After uttering one word, the horse that he’s riding scurried past the Duke and immediately entered the Grand Duchy.

The knights who followed Haron and the servants who were with the Duke, had no choice but to ignore what had happened.

Since the both of them were displaying such audacity to the other.

The Duke had no choice, because if a family member as high ranking as the Duchy came back, they needed to decorate and fill up the road with a lot of people.

The amount of people that had gathered in the square to see him was not enough to accommodate all of them, which was why they held a banquet for three day and three nights.

But the way they greeted each other was unexpected.

Not to mention, instead of showering the road with flowers as a greeting, the path towards the Duchy was full of dirt and dust.

Another thing was that even though it was dinner time, the Duchy was dark and silent.

However, the people from Haron’s side were also formidable.

The most shocking behavior between these two people was, of course, none other than Haron.

Since the people of the Duchy were already used to how Duke Blake ignored and trampled on Haron when he was still a child, his actions came as no surprise to those who worked in the castle for a long time.

“How dare you come and greet me, with such arrogance.”

But Haron ignored his words and moved away, Duke Blake then looked at his back without saying another word. The Duke’s assistant, who was standing by his side, witnessed everything and thought.

‘He really did change a lot, before a single word from the Duke would have already made him tremble with fright. But now you even ignore his threat, so you must be having a lot of fun out there.’

It all started two years ago.

From then on, the Warrior started changing, as if he were rebelling.

This all happened after he failed to subdue the Devil and killed the Lord.

The Duke remembered the time he was escorted back to the Duchy after killing the Lord.

“Warrior… Didn’t I make myself clear before? That if you failed, or stained the name of the Blake Family..’

“Then what?”

“…”

“Who are you going to kill this time?”

He looked at the person right in front of him, seeing Haron spoke with a smirk on his face, Duke Blake couldn’t believe what he was seeing. He was speechless.

“Is it going to be the Nanny that I followed like a mother? Or will it be my Master who I treated like a father?”

‘This, this child…!’