CHAPTER 38

Lucia received an urgent call from the gatekeeper and was forced to leave the castle for a while.

It was in the middle of the night when Tina and the others were all in bed.

“Are you scared, Devil?! Come out and fight with me! Return Princess Christina back to her own kingdom!”

A blonde haired man stood in front of the gate, yelling out loud.

“I think you’re just scared to face me.”

Lucia and the others watched the scene outside the gate until Deran carefully said.

[….Even though I chased him out multiple times already, he still came back and asked for you, Devil, by any chance, are you familiar with him?]

“No, I’ve never seen him before.”

[Maybe, he’s a newly chosen Warrior. Do you think so?]

“That’s not possible.”

‘There’s no way that a new hero would appear out of nowhere. Haron would never give up his position as a Warrior.’

As she looked down at the man who was continuously shouting, she suddenly turned around and went down the tower.

[Are you going to open the gate, Demon King?]

“If I leave him like this, it will disturb the others as well.”

[Then let’s just kick him out.]

“Then he will continue to come back and bother us again. Well, let’s just hear his story, and then we will know why he keeps coming back here without fear. Especially at this late hour.”

With each step, a creaking sound echoed throughout the brick hallway.

As she approached the castle gate, the demon who was guarding the gate greeted her.

“You go back first, I’ll go and find out what he wants from me.”

[All right.]

The demon that was guarding Lucia gently stepped down and went back to the gate of the castle.

“You awful Demon King! Come out and make up for all of your sins….!”

Creak-

The huge gate of the Demon King’s castle slowly opened up and almost cut off the man’s shouting.

“Huh.”

Since he shouted multiple times for the Devil to come out, he never expected for the gate to really open up, which made the man run backwards screaming.

Lucia slowly walked towards the man through the open gate.

He looked at Lucia full of shock, as he never expected for the Devil to come out herself. As she looked down at him, she said.

“What did you come here for, human?”

The man saw that the Devil’s expression seemed calmer than he expected.

He was quite surprised at her appearance, which looked more docile and tidy. Unlike the other demon, who always messed around with him every time he came to the castle at night.

“Are you really the Devil?”

The man asked with a trembling voice.

‘Did he think that I wouldn’t come out after all the shouting that he just did?’

She could feel that the man changed his manner of speaking as he was now more careful in addition to his fear. Then Lucia answered with a smile.

“Yes. But if you don’t believe me, then I can show it to you by force.”