CHAPTER 39

“I’m so sorry for the disturbance.”

It was dawn when the commotion stopped due to the family reunion.

Even so, Tina, who had a tired look on her face after suddenly waking up, laid on the sofa of the living room and fell asleep.

She said herself that she hates him for being clingy to her, and then she’s the one who buried her head in her brother’s shoulder after the ruckus.

“It has been 12 years since the last time that you’ve seen each other, so it’s only natural for this kind of fuss to happen. It’s fine, Prince Kreus”

“Please feel free to call me Shud, Devil.”

“Really? So, would you like to call me Lucia as well?”

“Yeah? Oh, what I mean is, I’m fine! How dare I call the Devil…”

Shud continuously waved his hand saying that he shouldn’t. As for Lucia, she didn’t really care about it, but formality seemed very important to him.

It was the first time for her to meet someone who gave importance on how to address a person, either by title or name and she felt a bit uneasy about it.

Lucia slowly approached them and lightly stroked Tina’s cheek, who was sleeping soundly on his shoulder.

“Um, should I wake her up and take her to her room? She’s sleeping so deeply and to think that she’s not acting like a real princess, since she can even sleep anywhere.”

“Oh no, you don’t have to do that, I can take her to her room.”

“Prince…. I mean Shud?”

Lucia almost started ask, ‘can you do it?’, but she managed to cut off her words.

Shud wasn’t short compared to the normal height of a guy but he was definitely thin.

The reason was because the first time that they met, he held the sword in a very awkward and inconsequential manner.

Seeing that, she already knew that he wouldn’t be a threat and would be easy to subdue.

Shud carefully picked up the sleeping Tina and carried her out of the room.

Contrary to her fear that he might stumble, he managed to put Tina into her bed safely.

“I still can’t believe it.”

Shud displayed a warm smile on his lips.

“To be able to meet again like this, I still can’t believe it…”

Then suddenly his eyes dimmed.

It seems that he remembered something very painful. Lucia watched his side profile, which revealed his pitiful face, and suddenly she felt like teasing him a bit.

“Really? But how come you kept yelling at me from the gate, earlier?”

“Ah, about that….”

“What did you just say? You naughty Devil, come out now and pay for your sins.”

“That was all a mistake!”

Shud hurriedly cut off Lucia’s words while waving his hands continuously. His face was dyed red from embarrassment.

“At that time, I didn’t know anything about it! But now that I’ve heard about it from Tina, she explained everything, from the time that she was sent here and on how the Devil took such good care of her. Once again, thank you very much.”

“Well, to be honest, I didn’t mean to do that, but it just kind of happened.”

Lucia said this because at the time that Tina was kidnapped, it was done by the former Devil, but the timing was good in that she was able to save Tina.