CHAPTER 17

The lord, who was troubled, finally opened his mouth after a while.

“…Go tell the warrior. I’ll move his room.”

“What?”

“I’ll give him a much bigger and better room than now, so tell him to move to the nearest room that’s next to mine!”

The lord slammed the desk.

“I… My lord.”

The aid flinched as the lord turned around with an irritated face.

“It is said that Altor (t/n: In case you don’t remember, he’s the restaurant owner where Tina and Lucia go there to eat a lot) started to trade the Mahone Stones a while ago. It should arrive at the castle in a few days.”

“Oh, really?”

At that news, the lord’s face which was crushed suddenly brightened. That was the most important and joyous information to him for now.

‘If this deal ends well, the Altor family will begin to pay attention to me.’

Then his life at the country estate will end. If everything goes well, he may even be able to go to the capital and become a central nobleman. The lord was filled with such dreams.

“You know this deal is very important, right?”

“Yes!”

“Then risk your life to protect the Mahone Stones. If anything unexpected happens…”

The lord continued to talk in a fit of excitement.

“It will be death penalty to whoever tries to take it away.”

***

(Lucia’s pov)

“This is the cake… is it?”

“Yes.”

I put the cake on the table with a slight smile. The shape of it was very ugly compared to the other tarts that were served as snacks.

However, I wanted him to try the cake that Tina had bought. I feel like I was sitting and talking about Tina all day long, but Haron only nodded and lifted his head, showing no signs of getting tired from it.

“I’ve felt it before, but you really care for your sister.”

“Because she’s cute.”

Whenever I talked about Tina, I laughed. I hope everyone in the world knows her cuteness.

Although it was ironic that her first target was the warrior since he should’ve fell in love with her.

Haron then took a bite of the cake with a fork.

“It’s good isn’t it? It’s a bit messy on the outside, but it still tastes the same.”

Haron closed his eyes and smiled softly. It was a pretty smile, but it also felt tired. I guess I’m talking too much in front of a busy person. I then closed my mouth, which has been blabbing.

“What’s wrong all of the sudden?”

“I think I’m talking too much. You look tired.”

Haron shook his head in a hurry. The movement was so quick the table shook for a moment.

“I’m tired, but it’s for another reason…”

Excuses came out of his mouth and I glanced at him perplexed.

“Do you happen to stay up all night working these days?”

“That, how do you know?”

“It’s obvious. You have black circles under your eyes every morning.”