CHAPTER 12

[Let’s go and steal it right now! I’ll go too!]

“Wait.”

I quickly caught Derakal, who was in a position to run out at any moment. He returned with a discontented face and put his chin on the side of my bed.

[Why? Is it not urgent?]

“Do you know where the stones are stored in the lord’s castle?”

[No? But won’t we find out if we search every part of it?]

“You’ll be distracted by the humans before that. Besides, there could be an all-out war with them if something goes wrong. We should avoid that.”

Nothing is more tiring to deal with than war. My first goal is still to live comfortably without causing any big problems with the humans.

That’s also why I’m holding it in to kill that Belsey guy. Derakal, who didn’t know how I felt, had his head on my leg as if he were disappointed, and I could hear the sound of a snap on the floor with his tail.

[It’s annoying. Can’t we just go to war?]

“Are you itching?”

[I want to fight him again! I’m going to win this time!]

“So that’s the purpose.”

I held out a cookie to Derakal with a smile who had a sulky look.

“Why don’t you eat this and hold it in?”

[Wow! I love this!]

Derakal quickly took the cookie out of my hand. Usually you would envision him eating raw meat with blood dripping from it, and now he’s happily accepting my cookie.

It was funny and cute, so I patted his head lightly. I think that was also a problem.

[The Devil!]

“How can you do this…!”

“…Huh?”

I looked up in astonishment at the cries of others. There, I saw Deran in shock and Tina staring at me with tears in her eyes.

“What, what’s wrong with you?”

“How, how…!”

[I’m so shocked.]

What the hell did I do wrong? I seriously recalled what I just did. However, no matter how hard I thought about it, I couldn’t figure out what was going on. Tina was in tears, and came at me while shouting,

“Well, feed me some cookies too! Give me a hug! Or pat me on the head!”

“Ah.”

[That’s a shame! He’s the only one you love!]

“That’s…”

[Delicious! Devil! Give me another one, will you?]

“Wait… ugh!”

They all jumped on the bed. I’m going crazy. This is the Devil’s Castle, not kindergarten. Are they worried?

“Huh? Huh? Me too!”

Tina said and rubbed her cheeks. She is usually mature around other people, but she always acted like a child in front of me.

Eventually, after I handed out a cookie to all of them, patted their head, and gave them a hug, they were able to escape. I turned my head and saw Sagna glancing from the side.

“You want one?”

[Huh, no! I don’t need you, Fake!]

“… Why are you creeping over there then?”