Preface~Stars that are just satellites

Hollie felt invisble.

She never used to feel like this of course. She used to be the baby of the family, the little sister, the one everybody cooed over and babied her just enough that she felt special. Of course, that had all changed now that she had arrived. Maia-her neice.

She loved her of course she did-when she wasn't screaming her head off-with her ginger curls and big hazel eyes and little high-pitched giggle. But everything had to be about her, and Lacey had barely spoken to her in the last month since Maia had arrived.

Like now.

"So when are we going home?" Hollie grumbled, pushing her food boredly around the plate. They'd been at the Burrow since Maia had been born, and the only times they'd been back at the flat was to pick up clothes.

"Hmm, what?" Lacey said, not paying close attention as she fed Maia her bottle. "Holl, I told you, it's much safer here. Plus it's Aunt Fleur's wedding soon, and Aunty Molly can help me out-shit, George, she's thrown up again."

"Ew, what has she even got to throw up?" George whined, taking Maia from Lacey at an arm's length. "Maia, sweetie, you have to stop."

He disapeared down to the bathroom to change her into another onesie that was likely to be spoiled within ten minutes. Lacey turned to Hollie, looking exhausted. "Eat up your food, it's getting cold."

"But when are we going home?" Hollie said irritably. She loved the Burrow of course, but it was always hectic around here. The only reason it was semi-quiet was because Molly was doing shopping and Rory (who went between the Burrow and Privet Drive) was at Remus and Tonks' wedding.

"Holl, this is our home." Lacey said with a smile, placing her hand on hers. "And you'll go to Hogwarts in September and-"

"LACEY I SWEAR SHE JUST GRINNED AT ME!" George shouted from the bathroom.

"SERIOUSLY?!" Lacey shouted, and left the kitchen mid-sentence.

Hollie stared at her plate with stupid tears in her eyes. Why couldn't she get her sister's attention like that? She pushed back her chair and went into the garden, knowing Lacey wouldn't notice she was gone.

Stupid, Stupid, Lacey. Why can't she pay attention to me as well? She didn't even want kids until a year ago. Hollie grumbled to herself, kicking at weeds in her way.

"HELP ME HELP ME!" A voice screamed from just over the hill, clearly in pain.

Hollie looked around wildly to see if Lacey or George were on their way, but they weren't, too busy with their baby to notice. Hollie hesitated, but decided she should make sure the person was okay. I mean, what could possibly happen?

She dashed up the hill, over-stepping the protective barriers kept in place, ready to be the hero for once. But there was nobody there, just the oak tree she always used to climb last summer. Hollie huffed, why didn't anything exciting happen to her?

But then a sack went over her head.

She screamed and writhed but the assailtent kept the sack tightly over her head, locking her small bony body against theirs. No, no, no, this couldn't be happening! But then a tight sensation went through Hollie, and she knew it well enough to know she was apparating.

* * *

Hollie was frog-marched through a new location in the dark, tears streaming down her face and limbs shaking like a leaf. Why did she have to go through the barriers, why couldn't she have waited for an adult?

She was roughly shoved into a room, and she stumbled, sack falling from her face. She scrambled to her feet, only to see that the door had been locked behind her, kidnapper vanished. Hollie looked at her surroundings, to find she was in a bedroom.