27. The Lovegood house

Things got kind of awkward with Ron back—while I personally liked he was back and that all six of us were back together—because Hermione communicated with him through only dirty looks.

And Gennie rarely talked to him out of loyalty to Hermione, and as a result Cole kept his joy at being with his best friend to a minimum because he didn't want to cause trouble.

Though when I was collecting water with Ron, it was clear to see he was just as relieved to not have been kicked out of the tent. "We've got one horcrux down, Rory, it's a start! And somebody sent that patronus to us—we've got help from the outside!"

I had to agree with him. We had the sword now, so we could destroy anything we found—we just needed a breakthrough that was all. If I kept pessimistic, then my depressing thoughts about Hollie and Draco would consume me and that was one thing I didn't want.

One evening, the tent was very quiet. Hermione was reading her book in her bunk, while Gennie and Cole tried to make alcohol with one recipe Cole claimed was a shoe-in for mind-numbingly brilliant home-made drink. I was reading over old letters and Harry was on watch in the hood of the tent.

"There's this programme," Ron announced to the tent, pulling out his radio and trying to tune it "that tells the news like it really is. You need a password to get in though—"

"Yeah, Potterwatch!" Cole shouted excitedly, almost spilling tomato juice down himself. "Arthur helps run it—I think his code name is Eevee, like that super cute pokemon fox?"

"Yeah, that's his favourite," I said quietly, a chord struck at my heart, wanting to know if Arthur was okay. "So what, there's like a whole network?"

Cole nodded excitedly. "Fred and George and some other Order people started it. Like Ron said though, they change the password every show."

"Help me try and figure it out?" Ron said hopefully, and Cole nodded happily, leaving Gennie to try and make the weird concoction on her own. The two of them began muttering weird words at the radio for ten minutes until Hermione spoke up.

"We need to talk," she announced. "I want to go and see Xenophilius Lovegood."

"You mean Luna's father?" Gennie frowned. "Why?"

"It's that mark, the mark in Beedle the Bard. Look at this!"

She thrust Rita Skeeter's book forward, and there was a photo of a letter Dumbledore had written to Grindelwald. And the signature---the small triangle was in place of an A.

"That's on a grave in Godric's Hollow," Gennie announced, looking at the sign intently. "I always thought it was cool when I visited the graveyard growing up."

"It keeps cropping up," Hermione said firmly. "And he has to know what the symbol means! It's important!"

"What if this is a trap all over again?" Harry demanded. "Nothing good came out of the visit to Godric's Hollow—"

"Watch it mate, you got us three back." Cole said defensively.

"But it keeps appearing, Harry! Dumbledore left me The Tales of Beedle the Bard, how do you know we're not supposed to find out about the sign?" Hermione said, ignoring Cole.

"Here we go again!" Harry felt slightly exasperated. "We keep trying to convince ourselves Dumbledore left us secret signs and clues –"

"The Deluminator turned out to be pretty useful," piped up Ron. "I think Hermione's right, I think we ought to go and see Lovegood." He turned to everyone. "I think we should all vote. Those in favour—"

He stuck his hand up in the air before the rest of us—excluding Harry and oddly, Gennie---raised our hands.

"Outvoted, Harry, sorry," said Ron, clapping him on the back.