8. Tear in my heart (I'm alive)

"She's the tear in my heart,

I'm on fire,

She's the tear in my heart,

Take me higher,

Than I've ever been." ~Tear in my heart, Twenty one Pilots

"Why can't I wear my doc martens with my dress?" Hollie whined as I helped her smoothen out her bridesmaids dress.

She'd been running around outside with Gabrielle in it for the last hour, and I swear Fleur almost had a heart attack when she saw the grass stains on it.

"You know why, Hollie. Auntie Fleur will kill you if you do." I said sternly, turning my attention back to my winged eyeliner. "You were the one who begged her to be a bridesmaid with Gabrielle and Ginny, remember?"

Hollie gave me a sheepish look. "I wanted Gabby to think I looked pretty."

My expression softened, and I knelt before my sister. "You are pretty; you're the prettiest girl in the whole wide world."

Hollie bit on her thumb again. "She's really pretty though, she gives me tingly feelings inside like butterflies."

Pushing Hollie's long hair over her shoulders I kissed the top of her shoulder. "Well you know what, you can wear your boots. I'll just turn them gold to match the dress. And if Gabrielle doesn't like you in the boots, then me and Auntie Gennie will hex her, okay?"

"Okay," Hollie giggled, pulling on her boots. I was really liking the effect Gabrielle was having on her, she was much happier, seeming to forget about what she'd done to her father. "You look really pretty, Rory."

"Thank you, sunshine." I smiled at her as I changed the colour of her boots.

Lacey had once again let me borrow one of her dresses, a black ruffled number that rested an inch above my knee. Teamed with my hair in wavy tresses and black heels, I felt very beautiful for once. It was a wonder what dressing up could do to your self-esteem.

"Put your necklace on!" Hollie exclaimed, pointing at the white gemmed necklace, which was hanging off Hollie's dragon's tail. "It'll make you look amazing!"

"If you insist," I said, putting the necklace into my palm, watching as it glowed and pulsed once more. Awkwardly I clasped the necklace around my neck, gasping as a cold shudder went through me, the necklace pulsing wildly.

"How do I look?" I asked Hollie, spinning around as she tied up her boot.

She looked up and screamed in my face.

In shock, I got out my wand and pointed it around the room, fearing for my sister. "What is it? What's wrong?"

"What have you done with Rory?" Hollie screamed, and I ducked as she threw a vase at my head which shattered behind me.

"Hollie, I'm right here, what are you on about? Please, calm down." I urged, taking a step towards her.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" Hollie screeched, holding out the knife-pen I'd gotten from Sam. "COLE! HELP ME!"

Heavy footsteps were heard and the door burst open as Cole stumbled in half-shaven, wand pointed at me. "What the bloody-who the hell are you?"

"Cole, stop it. It's me, Rory, you bloody idiot!" I shouted.

Cole continued to glare at me, urging Hollie to get behind him. "Tell me one thing only Aurora Potter knows about me."

Racking my brains, I blurted out "One night in fourth year you got really drunk and snogged Ron and attempted to hump his leg. To this day you've both never told Gennie or Hermione."