30. Shell Cottage

"You have disappointed me, child." Voldemort was there, his white face full of fury, red eyes glowing as he stared at Hollie, who was sobbing on the floor, covering her face.

"Please, please don't hurt me!" Hollie whimpered, shaking. "I—I'll do better next time—I just got nervous!"

"You were so nervous that you disarmed Bellatrix and tried to aid Aurora and Harry Potter?" Voldemort said calmly and pointing his wand at Hollie she began to scream, writhing in pain—eyes rolling back her entire body quivering....

"Don't hurt me—please!" Hollie screamed. "I'll do anything!"

Voldemort smirked. "I won't hurt you, no.... those close to you... maybe."

My eyes burst open, and I found myself staring at a ceiling pattered in sea shells, the world silent apart from the crash of waves against rocks. Now that I was awake, I was aching everywhere, my head as light and empty as a cloud.

I lifted up my right arm, only to find bandages wrapped tightly around my forearm, pain shooting up my arm. Letting out a whimper, I heard a shocked gasp.

"Rory?" though the world was spinning, I could see my brother sat on my bed. "You're alright!"

"I guess so...." I felt exhausted as Harry reached out and grabbed my left hand. "What happened?"

"You scared me, that's what happened." Harry chuckled lowly, passing me my glasses, which were surprisingly still intact. He slid them onto my nose and I could see him clearer—he looked exhausted, but a smile was on his face. "You lost a lot of blood—Bellatrix really went for you."

With great difficulty I made myself get into a sitting position. "Where are we?"

"Bill and Fleur's place," Harry explained. "We made it."

"What about Luna, Dean and Nathan?" I said, feeling sick remembering not seeing them when we left.

Harry looked uncomfortable. "Uh, well Dobby brought them back before we came back for you and Hermione. They're all okay—Nathan's been on edge a lot, but I'm not sure if that's his personality or what You-Know-Who did to him."

"Where's Dobby? I want to thank him for saving us all." I said, starting to push the flowery covers off.

Harry's smile dropped. "He.... He didn't make it."

"What?" any happiness I had was wiped away in an instant.

"Bellatrix threw a dagger when we were apparating.... It hit him. He saved us all, but not himself." Harry sounded bitter. "We buried him outside while you were out."

"And how long was that for?"

"A couple of days, you were in and out of consciousness."

That reminded me. "Where's Hermione, is she okay?"

Harry nodded, and I sighed in relief. "Thank God. Um... could you take me to Dobby's grave?"

Holding out his arm, I grabbed onto it and I swung myself out of bed and stood up, everything tilting sideways. Standing still for a moment the world went back to normal and I pulled on a pair of trainers and a hoodie over my pyjamas.

"Harry...." I trailed off, thinking of my dream again. "Have you heard anything about Hollie?"

Harry shook his head. "But no news is good news, right? But she can't be entirely working for them—she helped you."

Not entirely convinced Harry helped me down the stairs and into the living room. Fleur and Bill were sat on the sofa, and Fleur sprang up when she saw me, wrapping her arms around me.