18. Support Harry Potter party

"I can't believe you didn't tell us about this for almost two weeks," Cole whined as the two of us, Alia and Hollie sat in front of the dying fire, eating ice-cream from the tub. "I said to tell me straight after!"

"We were just trying to get back to us," I said with a coy smile. "Plus, we weren't sure if this was going to work out again."

"What like a two week free trial?" Cole smirked. "Has he got the full subscription now?"

Shoving Cole as he started to laugh at his lame joke, Alia spoke over him. "If I said that to Colin when we started dating he probably would have made a little card...." Her smile faltered. "I wish I knew where he was.... Last thing I heard, he was herding sheep in Wales or something."

"You'll see him soon, Alia, don't worry." I said, rubbing at her shoulder as she bit down on her nails, most likely thinking of Colin.

"He doesn't even like sheep, why is he sheep herding?" Alia shook her head. Then she turned to me. "So you two are back together?"

I nodded. The past two weeks had gone swimmingly well—we were almost the same as we were almost two years ago—but better in a way. With Draco losing his bullying streak we were arguing less.

But of course, things were strained considering I had to play the part of Lena for most of the day. Draco refused to kiss me when I looked like Lena, he said he felt like he was cheating on me—which was honestly ridiculous.

But we made it work—we'd meet up after dinner in his head boy office sharing kisses and stories about our day, plotting how to deceive the death eaters.

"I wish I had a girlfriend," Hollie announced, looking determined but a bit embarrassed.

Assuming that Hollie liked girls in any case, I just gave her a proud smile that she was being open with me. "So no boys in the future, I'm guessing?"

"Boys are gross," she shuddered. "They don't give me tingly feelings like Gabrielle did. And she promised me in the summer that we could be girlfriends after the war!"

"I swear, Hollie, you are Sam reincarnated." Cole said with a sad smile, before something seemed to dawn on him. "I read a book before about Queen Victoria being reincarnated into this kitten. Oh my god, it was the highlight of my childhood—"

"That's very interesting Cole," Alia rolled her eyes. "But I read a book about a crocodile who tried to eat children but then an elephant threw him into the sun—I win."

"I think Harry's story could be a good story for kids," I said thoughtfully. "We should write it all and give it to the Carrows for Christmas. Show them we still all support Harry.

Hollie gasped so loudly that I almost fell off the sofa. "I have an idea!" she declared.

And after she told us the idea, I had to agree—it was a good one.

*****

"You want to throw a 'support Harry' party?" Hagrid said sceptically. "And you want to do this in me 'ouse?"

Hollie and I nodded as we trailed after Hagrid in the forest. We'd purposefully gotten detention with Hagrid to run through the idea with him. The rest of the DA was on board for this idea, but we thought Hagrid should be the one to host the party.

"It's a good way of boosting morale," Hollie said firmly. "I learnt that word from Camille!"

"It 'ould be risky girls," Hagrid said hesitantly.

"We can do it after count," I said to Hagrid. "Look, Hogwarts isn't the same, and we need to prove that we are united and still willing to fight for Harry—and Dumbledore."