6. What was left behind

A/N LOOK WHAT HAPPENED IN THE BANNER IM SCREAMING I'VE NEVER BEEN RANKED BEFORE AND NOW IM 536 IN FANFIC I LOVE YOU ALL <3

I woke up to a scream.

Reaching my hand under my pillow I grabbed my wand and hazily got into a defensive stance, only to hear muted sobs. With everything blurry and broken I pressed my glasses onto my face to see Hollie, drenched in sweat and shaking.

"Hey, you okay?" I said softly, lowering my wand. I reached out to touch her shoulder and she flinched away.

"M' Fine," she said, though she was sniffing, and her hands shaking as she rubbed at her eyes.

"Come here you softie, come on." I said, holding out my arms. Hollie squidged into my grasp, nestling her face against my neck, arms wound tightly around my waist as she carried on sniffling.

Cole was watching from his and Gennie's bed, his face peaking out from a moud of blankets and Gennie's arms. "Talk to her later," he mouthed with a small smile.

I nodded to him, kissing the top of my sister's head, wishing I could fix the traumatic memories in her mind.

Three hours later, I woke up to an empty bed and Cole struggling to pull on a pair of skinny jeans. "Gennie went to go get the portkey, we're going to my house today if you want." He explained.

"Where's Hollie?" I asked anxiously, pulling a random t-shirt over my head.

"She snuck out like half hour ago, looking like hell," Cole said, looking with sympathy towards the door. "But I saw her, she's with Fleur's sister."

"Good, she needs friends her own age."

"Rory...." Cole said hesitantly. "I think, well I think what happened to Mark is really messing with her head."

"Tell me something I don't know." I snapped, and pulled at my hair. "Sorry, I just... I don't know what to do. She won't talk to me about it."

"She's like me." Cole said thoughtfully. "After I set my brother on fire, I couldn't sleep properly for almost four months. The guilt was eating me inside out and I saw his burning face everytime I closed my eyes... Sometimes I still do."

"But... But she didn't kill Mark, Draco did." I spluttered, and an evil, dark thought crept into my head. "She couldn't have... No, she wouldn't even let me kill a fly last Summer...."

"Well it's not last summer anymore."

**********

Half an hour later, Cole, Gennie, Hermione and me were ready to leave for Cole's house, with an old boot as a portkey.

"You four stay there three hours-at most-and then have Elena phone me when you're on your way back

Way back." Mrs Weasley said strictly, wagging an accusing finger at us.

"We'll probably be less than that, you know how lovely my mother is." Cole said with a sarcastic smile, and with one final wave, the four of us headed out of the Burrow.

"Oh, I wonder what Sam left for me." Hermione said as the two of us followed Gennie and Cole up the hill. "I mean, I didn't know her for that long, what could she possibly want to leave me?"

"Hey, she really liked you," I said, patting Hermione's shoulder. "She loved trying to beat you at exam results."

Hermione and I both laughed, and sighed nostalgically. "I miss her," I say aloud. "She didn't deserve what she got."

"She's still out there, recovering." Cole stated, as if it was a fact. "I mean come on, once I got my hand stuck under a rock on the beach and she managed to rescue that mangled mess-she can save herself from death."