Did I hear it wrong?

Naira Datta

I was just sitting in the balcony with a blank canvas before me and I wanted to paint something.

It is been so long since I even took a paint brush in my hand.

But, right now I have no inspiration.

Arrrghhhh!

"Naira, will you drop Tia & Piya to their school?" I heard Raj Bhai's voice.

"Give me 2 minutes." I yelled and with a wide smile I packed my canvas and all the painting stuff in a bag and left.

"Are they ready?" I asked Bhai.

"Yess they are ready. Actually I have to be early from today so I can't drop them. A lot of chefs have been fired and the remaining ones have to cover all of the shifts until the new ones come." He said hurrying up to his office and I waved him goodbye.

"Chote shaitaano. Chalo." I said holding Piya and Tia's hand.

"Please take them away, Naira! They are eating my head over here." Naina bhabhi whined.

I just laughed and took them with me.

I dropped them at the gate of the school and kissed both of their cheeks.
"Byeee. Take care. I'll come to pick you up." I said and they went away smiling.

I sat in the car and was going to head to a beach when my stupid mind gave me a stupid idea.

No! You're not going to do that.
My brain argued.

You should definitely do it!
My mind screamed.

I'll get bored na If I go alone?

I smiled widely to myself and turned my car towards Reyansh's office.

That guy is definitely going to be in his office sulking before his laptop!

Why not make his day a bit happening?

I parked my car in the parking and I was walking towards the entrance in a very cheerful mood.

"Good morning, ma'am." The receptionist wished me with a smile.

Ohh she was the same receptionist I met the first time I visited his office.

"Good morning and ma'am? I am not your boss." I said waving her off and walking towards the elevator.

This asshole threatens his empoyees alot it seems.

I just casually opened his cabin door and before looking around I simply announced my presence saying,

"Ta-da! Your work time is up and you Mr.Khadoos are closing that laptop right now."

And he just looked at me raising his brows trying to hide his smile.

And that was when I looked around there was a man seated before him.
I just smiled at him embarrassingly.

Great!
Aaju baju dekh nahi sakti thi?
Pagal kahiki!

I was going to close the door with a very embarrassing expression on my face when I heard his voice,

"Come in Naira, otherwise your efforts of announcing yourself would be futile." He said and I glared at him.

Asshole!

"No, no! You guys carry on. I am sorry for disturbing you." I said with a smile.

"I would rather get disturbed by you then listen to his excuses." He said glaring at the man sitting before him.

"Sir, it is not possible on such a short notice. Not when we have fired so many chefs." The other man explained to him.