Things this girl makes me do.

Reyansh Khanna

I looked at my watch as the clock struck 12:00.

No sign of her.

"Can you please pass me the ball." I heard a cute voice from behind me as I sat on the shore of the beach just staring Naira's smiling picture in my wallet.

I fell too deep in love.

I just shook my head and picked the ball and when I turned around a little girl was standing there alone.

"Where are your parents?" I asked looking around.

"Can you help me search for mom too? I came far away for my ball and now I can't see her." She said pouting and I chuckled picking her up.

"Do you know her phone number?" I asked and she nodded.

I touched my pocket to get my phone out but I realized I left it in the car.

"We'll search for her. Where were you playing?" I asked and she pointed in a direction.

She's not going to show up now.
She made her choice.

I just walked with the little girl in my arms while looking around.

Maybe she is a bit late?
She does that... she's never punctual.

"There." She smiled widely pointing at a lady who was frantically looking around.

"Shravya." She yelled the moment she saw her.

"She was lost while searching for her ball." I said to her and she sighed relieved.

"Thank God! I was soo panicked. Thank you soo much." She said taking her and I just smiled.

Jiske liye aaya tha wo to aayi nahi,
Kuch accha kaam to kiya kam se kam.

I thought with a dry chuckle.

Main haar gayi, hamesha ki tarah.
Her defeated voice rang in my ears.

Maybe, I can't really understand her situation.
But, all I can think is If I give up on her I am going to lose the diamond of my life.

Was it that easy for her?
To throw everything away?
And yet here I am making excuses for her.

I just kept walking beside the shore for god knows how long just staring at the waves which seemed soo beautiful when I had her beside me talking and laughing.

I took a deep breath and wiped the tear that rolled down and looked at my watch. It way way past the time I gave her.
So, I just left from there.

Let's get back to work.

When I entered my car I just ordered the driver to take us back to the company.

"Sir, I have to take my wife for her gynac appointment. Can I leave early today? After I drop you?" He asked and I nodded looking out of the window.

Everything is soo gloomy without her!

Why did I even give her a deadline?
I am stupid!

Maybe she was just panicking yesterday and she would have come around.

But, no me being the smart one had to give her a deadline.

Stupid Reyansh Khanna!

I took my phone and entered my office.
When I looked at my phone I furrowed my brows.

20 missed calls from Naira.

Great!
She doesn't show up but calls me infinite times.
For what? Maybe excuses.

She had also left a voicemail for me and however tempted I was to listen to that voicemail I could never listen to her saying how we had to stop whatever we were doing.

I don't want to make it real!

Taking a deep breath I started working but constantly my eyes shifted to my phone screen which was displaying that I had a voice message.

Fuck that! I want to listen to her voice.

I picked my phone and called her but her phone was switched off.

Arrrgghhh!
I groaned but then I played the voice message.

Reyansh—
She started coughing the moment she talked.

What the hell? Why does she seem like she is having trouble breathing?

Okay, I don't know if I'll ever reach that beach. But, I want to tell you that I—
She took a deep breath and I quickly raised from my chair.

She does not seem fine at all!

I love you. I know I probably don't deserve you but I can't hang in here for too long and I would not want you to not know that I—I really really love—

"Naira." I whispered with panic because I didn't know what the fuck happened in these few hours.

Why did I have to leave my phone in the car?

I quickly picked my car keys and just when I was about to leave, Ishaan called me.

"Reyansh, Naira— he started but I interrupted him asking,

"Just tell me she is fit and fine and the voice message was some kind of a prank." I said panicked but his silence was enough to answer my question.

"Newlife hospital." He just muttered those two words and those were enough to make my heart stop beating.

I quickly hung up on him and ran towards my car.

I got into the driver seat after so many years.

Now is not the time to think about past.

I just closed my eyes and taking a deep breath I started driving.

Things this girl  makes me do.
And here I thought I would never interfere in her life if she doesn't turn up.