That was a fucking mistake!

Reyansh Khanna

"Do you think I pay you to do this?" I yelled at Pranay, my assistant and he just stood there with his head bowed down.

"I need an answer Pranay! Don't stand here like a fucking statue." I yelled again and Ishaan entered my cabin.

Here comes another headache!

"I have clearly instructed you that I don't have time for these interviews. Why the hell is this file on my table? Did you inform Dad to do it?" I asked irritated and Ishaan just casually took a seat before me.

"He said he has handed that responsibility to you." He said and I clenched my jaw.

"I don't care how you convince him. I don't have time for this. Get out of here!" I yelled the throwing the file across the wall and he flinched.

He silently took the file and went away.

"What do you want?" I asked looking at Ishaan.

"Why are you breathing fire? What's wrong? I for sure know you're not irritated because you are asked to take interviews." He said rolling his eyes.

"You could go and focus on your own work rather than meddling with mine." I said glaring at him.

"You've gone crazy dude! You are torturing everyone. I don't understand this. You don't fire people you just breathe fire on them." He asked with an incredulous expression.

"Because they are not doing their work right! I was away for 2 weeks and everyone here is so laid back." I said rolling my eyes.

"Is it some girl?" He asked and I looked at him wide eyed.

"No." I lied balantly.

"Definitely a girl. Come on start talking." He said getting comfortable on the chair.

"Get lost." I said throwing the paper weight towards him which he caught casually.

Arrghhh!
This guy is a headache!

"You met someone in Goa and you're irritated because she is away?" He asked and I rolled my eyes.

I wish that would have been the scenario!

"Are you listening to yourself? Why would I be irritated because of something like that? I could go visit her if she was that important." I said and smiled.

"That means there is someone!" He said grinning as if he won some oscar.

Stupid me!

"So now, the I don't like attachments. Attachments make a person weak Reyansh is lost?" He mocked me.

I was way better with that mantra!
No attachments, no issues!

"Tell me yaar! I am curious. I want to know who is this girl who made you weak!" He said rubbing his palms grinning.

"She hasn't made me weak." I said glaring at him.

"Let's not argue about that. We both know the reality." He said shrugging.

"You know her. I mean, you've met her before." I said looking into my laptop.

"How? I've never been to Goa." He said and I sighed.

"She's not from Goa. She is from mumbai, she was there for sometime and we met." I said and there was a small smile on my lips remembering her.

"So what's the problem?" He asked.

"The problem is she has a complicated relationship with someone." I said rolling my eyes.

"And?" He asked.

"And that I thought that maybe just maybe I would think of getting emotionally attached to someone!" I said frustrated.

That was a fucking mistake!

"And?" He again asked.

"I feel like killing you." I said glaring at him.

"That's not important right now. I don't get why are you so disturbed if you thought you could get attached?" He asked with a confused expression.

"Because she is stupid, broken, irresponsible and bad for my health! I could have never got her out of her complicated relationship. She is probably in love with someone who does not love her. And I hate this whole situation." I said and I literally felt like pulling out my hair.

"What complicated relationship are you talking about? And why is she affecting you soo much?" He asked confused.

"I don't fucking know! I thought it would be better when I'm back to mumbai. But I— I took a deep breath as I stammered.

"What is so special about her?" He asked.

"Everything. From the way she narrows her eyes when she is concentrating somewhere or the way she smiles when she looks at food or the way she is happy one moment and crying the other or how insanely strong she is and insanely weak at the same time. The list could go on." I said with a small smile.

"Then go for her. Because you're in deep shit." He said chuckling.

"I can't. I told you." I said as my smile vanished.

"Dude! You are Reyansh Khanna who on the earth is going to reject you. I am sure the person she has a complicated relationship with is definitely— He started but I interrupted him saying,

"She is Sholk's mistress according to the news channels." I said and he stopped talking.
He just kept looking at me as if he has seen a ghost.

"Naira Datta?" He asked me and I nodded my head in a yesss.

"That was just some entertainment news probably." He said and I sighed.

Ohh! How bad I wish it was.

"She herself told me Shlok Das is the one she has whatever relationship with. It is not that I am scared of him. He's just another businessman. But, I know If I start I won't get out of this with my heart intact." I said.

"It is not about who she is involved with or how she is involved with. When I saw the news I realized if I needed to protect myself I had to get out of it." I said.

"You're a coward. Maybe it is not what you think. I mean I don't know her, but the story could be something else." He said.

I wanted to believe it..!
But If I do I will again go back to hoping for something that could never happen.

"Can you imagine how much would she be feeling for him If she is quiet even after she is claimed to be his mistress. I've seen a lot of pain in her eyes, and I know I can't put an end to it." I said focussing back on my work.

Maybe, she is better as a memory to me.

"I'm backing out because being with her showed me a diffrent side of myself. But, I can't afford losing myself when she goes away." I said with a tired sigh.