NOT GOING TO FALL FOR HER!

Reyansh Khanna

"This is your schedule for today, sir." Pranay said handing me the tab.

I just nodded at him going through it and he said,
"Sir, Chairman has appointed the marketing head from today only. Should I call her?" He asked and I rubbed my temples.

"Yess, before I start with my meeting I want that person to meet me. I hope this one is good." I said sighing.

"Ohh she is wonderful sir!" Pranay said with a smile and I looked at him raising my brows.

"Sorry. I just met her this morning in the parking. No personal contacts." He said with a horrified expression and left.

I was busy reviewing the preference sheet of one of our clients when there was a knock at the door.

"Come in." I said still looking into my laptop and I just heard heels ticking on the floor when I looked above.

Basss! Yahi bacha tha jindagi me!
Kyu bhagwaan kyu?

"Good morning." She said covering her shocked expression.

Andddd...
She looked soo breathtaking!

"You're the new marketing head?" I asked rolling my eyes as I got out of my daze.

"Unfortunately, yess." She said with a sarcastic smile.

"You are not supposed to use sarcasm on me. I am not Shlok to handle your tantrums." I said rolling my eyes and she just stood there glaring at me.

"Not supposed to glare too." I said getting back to my laptop.

"Reyansh— Ishaan started as he entered my cabin but he just kept looking between us.

"The contract I signed did not mention that I was not supposed to glare at my boss. Mr. Khanna has told me that no one but him can fire me." She said smirking.

Damn.... my father!

"If I don't like your marketing strategy for our upcoming project, I am not keeping you here." I said and she chuckled.

"Awwww! Good luck with that. Because, I won't disappoint you." She said with a sarcastic smile and left banging my door loudly.

"Such attitude this girl has!" I muttered and Ishaan sat before me whistling.

"Humko pyaar hua... puri hui duaaa!" He sang a song and I glared at him.

"I am enough annoyed." I said to him and he just laughed.

"Annoyed? Seems like you are happy. I saw that glint in your eyes when you were looking at her." He said again whistling.

"One chance and I am going to throw her out." I said glaring at nothing in particular.

Because, she'll make me lose my control again!

"Lie to yourself, Reyansh. Not me. I am telling this to you again. Talk to her and clear out the misunderstandings." He said with a serious face and left.

Misunderstandings?
There are no misunderstandings!
Just that now I know the reality...!

I called Pranay but then I remembered that he is in my father's cabin for some reports.

Arrrghhh!
I got out of my cabin and was walking towards Dad's cabin when I heard a few girls talking.

"Yesss! I thought that I saw her somewhere. Now I remember, she is that mistress of one of the businessmen." A girl said.

They are definitely talking about Naira.

Clenching my jaw I walked towards them when I saw that Naira was taking her coffee from machine and these girls were gossiping standing just beside her.

"I wonder how she got hired. Maybe our chairman did not see that news otherwise he would have definitely kept a girl like this away from this office." Another girl said and Naira just stood there patiently waiting for her glass to fill.

Is she gone deaf?
She's not going to slap them?

"See in a few days she will have someone else wrapped around her fingers. These girls are masters in that." The first one said chuckling.

"I am sure I don't pay you to gossip about others." I said with my arms folded around my chest and they both looked at me shocked.

"Uhhh—- Sir. We were just leaving." She said with her head bowed down and scurried away.

Naira turned around with her coffee mug and tried walking past me.

I stopped her by holding her elbow and made her stand before me.

"You did not slap them." I said with a clenched jaw.

"That's none of your business." She said getting out of my grip.

"It is. Because when I said the same I got rewarded with a hard slap." I said and she just stood there giving away no expressions.

"I don't care what they think about me, they don't know me. They have every right to judge me and I don't care because their opinions do not matter." She said glaring at me.

"And I do not have the right to judge you?" I asked with a dry chuckle.

"No, I just cared about your opinions. If I wouldn't have cared enough you would not recieve that slap. They don't know me, you do. And that is why it hurt." She said with hurt clearly visible in her eyes.

It hurt?
I was the one who was fucking hurt!
Because, that day I knew that I was falling for the wrong girl!

"My opinions should not have mattered to you. I am— I started but she interrupted me saying,

"I know it shouldn't have but It did. Because I have come across people who don't care about me but for the first time I met someone who faked his care for me." She said walking away.

And I just closed my eyes trying to calm myself down.

Fake care?

"Sir, what are you doing here? You needed something?" Pranay asked with a panic striken face.

"Yeessss! I need peace in my life! Can you get that?" I yelled at him and left from there.

Stupid girl!
I don't have any control over me when she is around.

You are not going to fall for her...
Not going to fall for her..
NOT GOING TO FALL FOR HER!

I kept reminding myself.

But, how can she just calmly stand there and listen to anything people say?

Why do you care?
My conscience mocked.

That's the point...
I can't stop!