nine.

𝑍𝑢𝑟𝑖 𝑇𝑎𝑟𝑦𝑛 𝑊𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑖𝑎𝑚𝑠

"I don't want to go to no damn party by myself Z pls come" Saiyor tried to convince me.

"Well why'd you say you go?" I said and squinted my eyes at her. It wasn't one of those 'are you dumb' squints, i genuinely can't see.

"Becauseeeeee my nigga gone be there and I don't want no bitches all on him. Matter fact, he there right now" She said looking at her phone.

"It's 11 at night if Uncle Gio catch us sneaking out he is going to beat our butts Saiyor"

"Just get dressed, i'll cover for you" She said going in her closet.

I sighed and went over to my spennanight bag and picked out some jeans and a hoodie. No need to impress anyone.

-

"Cousinnn" Saiyor whispered startling me as we walked in the house the party was at. It smells like a freaking zoo in here. Get me out.

"What" I asked.

"There he go right there" She said pointing at some lightskin boy with twists sitting on the couch.

shorty talking to a tiktoker

"Imma go talk to him" She said walking off, leaving me standing there like a lost puppy.

"Hey" Some guy said coming to stand beside me on the wall.

I looked at him for a minute then replied. "Hi"

"You look like youon een belong here forreal" He said sipping out his cup.

I didn't say anything but nodded my head.

I looked at my phone as it dinged.

Yasir
wtf is you doing at a party?

"I can get yo number?" He asked.

I looked up at him and mugged him. That just didnt sit right with me.

"Not even like that shorty you look like cool peoples forreal" He chuckled.

I softened my face and grabbed his phone putting my number in.

"My name is Z" I said handing it back.

"Dey call me Beam" He said looking around. I noticed the tattoos on his neck.

"Why?" I asked.

"Huh?"

"Why do people call you beam? That's a weird name" I squinted at him trying to see what his tattoos say.

"Ooh" He chuckled. "It's a long story"

"Oh" I nodded.

"You know that nigga? He been staring for a good minute" He asked.

I looked to see where he was looking and i rolled my eyes seeing Yasir.

"Thats my cousin"

"Aw" He said raising his chin a little.

Yasir started making his way over to where i was standing and i rolled my eyes.

"What do you want Yasir" I asked crossing my arms. I knew he was about to do the most. He tries to act like my dad allll the time.