forty-nine

"Can i go to the park" I asked my dad. He's been keeping me cooped up in the house with no tv, no phone, no nothing.

I texted Maj off of my mac book and asked him to meet me at the park.

"Ion care" He said. "Put on a coat"

I grabbed a jacket and walked out the house and made my way to the park.

When i got there i sat on the bleachers since he wasn't there yet.

I saw a mom with her 2 kids playing on the playground. I didn't realize i was staring at them until the little girl looked at me and mugged me.

The little boy looked at me and began running over to me. I didn't realize he was one of the kids from my internship, i sat in on his session a couple of times.

"MISS Z" He yelled running to me making me laugh at how funny his little legs moved.

"Hiiii Percy" I said getting off the bleachers. He jumped on me and wrapped his arm around me.

"Why weren't you at the play date the other day" He asked messing with my hair which was all over my head.

"I was busy with school and stuff" I told him. "How was it?"

"It was okay, it was boring without you" He said with a little attitude making me laugh. For a 5 year old he was really smart.

His mom came over and smiled at me. She is very young and she's really pretty. "Hi, what's your name?" She asked coming over sitting beside me on the bleachers.

"I'm Zuri, i sat in on some of Percy's 'play dates'" I said and she nodded.

"Oh he had been talking about you non stop since the first one" She said laughing a little. "Peyton speak" She said and the girl looked at me up and down.

"Aht, don't start that" His mom said pointing at Peyton.

"Hi" She waved then put her hands in her mouth.

"My name is messiah" His mom told me.

"Its really nice to meet you" I said giving her a smile.

"Who is he, why is he looking at us so hard" Peyton asked mugging Tamajai.

I laughed. "That's my boyfriend" I said and Percy gasped.

"I'm your boyfriend, not him" He said holding his chest making me laugh harder.

"Percy hush" Messiah said.

"I'm forreal, i'll beat him up bout my lady" Percy said hopping up as Maj got closer.

"Why these lil munchkins looking like they finna jump me" He asked sitting on the other side of me.

"Cause you took my girl" Percy said folding his arms.

I laughed and Maj threw his head back. "Who, her?" He asked pointing at me.

Percy nodded. "We gotta fight about my lady"

"Percy sit down somewhere" Messiah said grabbing him.

"Ma" He said giving her a look.

"Mommy i'm cold" Peyton said. I realized she had on a coat that was way too small for her.

"I know baby we can go home" Messiah said standing up.

"NOOO" Peyton cried.

"Pey, your sister doesn't have on a coat we gotta go home" She said gathering their stuff.

"Oh she can have this one" I said taking mine off and wrapping it around her.

"Ou this is warm" She whispered.