fourteen.

𝑍𝑢𝑟𝑖 𝑇𝑎𝑟𝑦𝑛 𝑊𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑖𝑎𝑚𝑠

I put my head in my hands out of frustration trying to cry while doing this damn math problem. I've never been good at math and it always made me feel stupid.

My brother started calling me and i realized today was the day of his baby shower.

"Hey Carter" I said answering the phone.

"Wassup, you tryna come help me set up?" He asked.

"I'm busy right now but if you're still doing it when i'm done i'll come help."

"What you busy with??"

"This math homework, i'm so frustrated i can't get it i really want to cry, and dad isn't here to help me you know he's good at math."

"Oh I got you, Majai a damn genius he be helping his niece with math all the time, imma be there to get you and he can help while we setting up, that's good witchu?"

"No, I don't want people knowing i can't do math? They'll think i'm stupid" I argued.

"He not like that, he a lil mean but he'll help you fasho"

"Okay" I sighed giving in. "Call me when you're here" I said hanging up.

I sat all my books aside and got everything i needed to get in the shower.

After my shower i got dressed and wet my hair to freshen up the curls from my wash n go.

I  put all my things in my book bag and went to sit on the couch.

carterrr❤️‍🩹
i'm here

I got my stuff and put my phone in my back pocket and got in the car.

"Hi" I said getting in.

"Wassup" He said. He pulled out the driveway and i connected my phone to his bluetooth and put on some sza.

"Why you ain't say you was moving forward.. hmm hm hmm when you're getting older" Carter kind of sang the words but mumbled them.

We arrived at his house and i got out and went inside. I saw people decorating and hanging things up. And it smelled so good.

"Ouuu where the food at" I asked walking into the kitchen.

"Aht finish that homework the food not even done" He said grabbing my backpack.

"MAJAI WHERE YOU AT NIGGA" He screamed making me finch.

"I'm right here bruh shut the fuck up" He said coming down the steps with a wife beater and some joggers.

"Help my sister with her homework dawg, and don't be mean to her either cause she real sensitive and she will buss out crying on yo ass"

"No i'm not" I said mugging him.

"Come on lil one" He said then turned around walking back up the stairs.

I walked upstairs after him and entered his room. It was real dark in there and it smelled so good, like laundry detergent.

I placed my stuff on his bed and pulled out all my math work.

"Okay here it is" I said handing him the workbook. He read over the problems for a minute.

"Okay so look" He said placing it on the bed. He started explaining the work to me and it kind of dinged in my head.

"Got it?" He asked.

"I think" I looked at him.

"Okay do it den" He said pushing it back over to me.

I sat down on the bed and tried the problem out then handed him my notebook.