Chapter 1

✔️ this chapter has been edited since its release

TW: anxiety, overthinking, panic attack, minor blood/gore, swearing 

Y/n POV

"Thanks so much, Techno!" I exclaim before walking into my spruce and diorite cottage while the sun sets over the plains biome. I sigh before mumbling, "Fuck that was close." I open my chest to realise I have almost no wheat. After looking after Carl (Techno's horse) my wheat resource has gone down a lot. I've got a lot to do tomorrow: 

- Meet Punz to look after his animals, he should have the payment ready for me

- Say meet to Wilbur (DO NOT DELAY ANY LONGER)

- Set up the guest room for Fundy

- Ask Sam for more wheat

I can't keep delaying meeting Wilbur. I've already not been wanting to see him in the first place, but somehow he keeps bumping into me or I keep seeing him when I go out. I stare at my photo album for a while, starting to contemplate whether I should be meeting him. I keep repeating the same thoughts, Don't see him he doesn't care about you anymore. All he wants to do is use you again. And again. And again. My breaths become quick and panicked, my palms become sweaty and black spots cover my vision. My dog, Coco comes up to me and starts licking my hand, bringing me out of my panic attack. I head over to my bathroom and stare into my reflection, my orange roots showing slightly through the pink dye. I check my cabinets to check for my hair dye, to realize I have run out. I head back to the lounge, adding to my list of jobs to do.

- Ask Niki for more pink hair dye

I place the list next to my netherite sword, and my netherite pickaxe too. I refuse to get any armour for myself. It looks threatening and I don't want people to be scared of me. As I place the list down, I cut my palm on the side of the table, causing a cut to start bleeding. I swear to myself internally as I go and wrap a bandage around my hand. I slip off my denim shorts and my pink crop top and put on my white silk pyjamas. I lock the front door, back door, and the bee dome and close all the windows except for the bedroom, which I leave ajar. I sigh as I reach for the lever to turn off the Redstone and climb into my light grey bed. The moonlight shines into my room, creating a magical aura. I stroke Cocoa as I fall asleep, ready for a new morning.

~Next morning~

The sunlight blares through the window as I roll over to see the time on my clock: 7.18 AM. Cocoa is already up and roaming around the house as she isn't on her usual spot on my bed. I reach over to turn on my communicator, already having multiple messages unread from early morning. I eat an apple before checking the messages.

Punz 🗡

Hey Y/n

I was wondering if I could pay you after I come to pick up my animals 

Sure! Just the cows and sheep right?

Yes! I hope to see you soon!

Hmm, I wonder what this is about... it's not the usual way that he pays, but it may be as well. Punz always pays before so he doesn't forget the payment. I don't really mind though, Punz has always paid on time, and if there is a mistake, he always pays me well extra. 

Fundy 🦊

Hey Y/n :D

I was wondering when the guest room would be ready to stay over in?

I will be working on it today! It should be ready by tomorrow!

Read at 7:23 AM

Ok, I should be ready to go and start my to-do list for today, I pray to god that Wilbur doesn't show up later so I can relax tonight. I start by heading to Sam, knowing he would be at his house. I stroll along the prime path, heading towards Sam's little abode. As I see a figure in the distance, I realize this to be Eret. I've always been friends with him, but there has always been something off since they joined L'Manburg. 

"Hey, Eret!" I exclaim as they approach me. She timidly waves, maybe they are just having an off day as usually, they start a conversation with me. As I walk past Eret, Sam's house appears in the distance. I knock on the wooden door gently, not wanting to startle Sam as he may be asleep still, it is only 7:43 AM. 

After a few seconds, Sam opens the door, which is full of brightness. "Good morning Y/n! What brings you here today?" Sam inquires. "I'm just here to ask for some wheat, my farm hasn't been doing well lately and I needed to fill up my stock again." Sam hurries away from the entry, leaving me in front of his open house. I wait for a few minutes, debating whether I should wait for him to come back or leave and let him drop it off at my house. 

I hear footsteps as Sam gives me 3 stacks of wheat, and yells as he locks his door, "Don't worry about paying! It's free!!" Sam is a strange one, I will tell you that. Next, I head over to Niki's house to talk to her.

(922 words)

A/N: Hello everyone! Thank you so much for reading "The Flower Girl"! This means so much and I hope you enjoy reading the rest!