Chapter 18

✔️ this chapter has been edited since release

TW: blood, swearing, mentions of abuse

Y/n POV

The clock ticks in the background as Schlatt hazily turns from Tubbo to me. His red eyes burn into mine. Blood drips from both our faces, mine more than Tubbos. Glimmering shards of glass are laid on the ground, the moonlight softly bouncing off the fragile material. Silence rings throughout the White House, neither of us wanting to say a word to provoke the drunken Schlatt.

"You two, are little shits." Schlatt shakes his head in disappointment as if he had nothing to do with what had happened. The past few hours of beating and being yelled at caught up to Tubbo as he dropped to the ground, tears threatening to come from his eyes.

Schlatt takes a second to respond, before hurling another glass bottle right at Tubbo's curled-up body. I quickly dart towards Tubbo, hoping to take the hit for him. The glass bottle impacts my back, shards of glass ripping apart my skin. I take a deep breath in before standing in my original position to prevent Schlatt from throwing any more bottles at either of us.

Tubbo quickly stands up too, facing me for a brief second with a sad smile before looking back at Schlatt. "You two are dismissed for now. But I want to show you a little something before you two are allowed to leave." We let Schlatt take the lead, not wanting to make him any angrier with the both of us before following him outside of the government building.

"I have decided, to rebrand our flag. Our country, Manburg will have a new flag. One made of non-flammable materials and is strong, like us." Schlatts words slur along as he speaks, the sheer amount of alcohol messing with his brain. Outside stood Fundy and Niki, next to the flag. "Fundy, please don't do this! You worked so hard for this, and you are just going to throw this all away for Schlatt?" Fundy simply shakes his head, holding a silver rectangle in his hand. We were too far away from Fundy to figure out what he was holding, but I knew this wasn't good.

Schlatt pushes both Tubbo and me closer to the flag pole, and Fundy shot Schlatt a proud smile. Fundy then climbed up the flag pole, the slight squeak from it echoing throughout the sleeping country. When Fundy got to the flag, he again pulled out the silver rectangle. It was a lighter. Fundy wasn't going to seriously burn the flag, was he?

Tubbo must have had the same thought as me as he stood back a step and covered his eyes. Poor boy, he must be petrified. "Fundy, please don't do this," Niki yells towards Fundy, but Fundy doesn't reply. A single tear rolls down his eyes before Fundy lights the flag, golden flames bursting around the L'Manburg flag. Fundy then pulls out some black material and puts it up in place of the ashes of the old flag.

Schlatt drunkenly laughs as he sees his flag up in the sky. "Now this is starting to look good." He smiles manically as he turns towards me. I step towards Tubbo and put an arm in front of him. Schlatt wields a dagger, and I'm not sure it's to chop food.

Tubbo runs towards the forest and I follow suit. I hope Tubbo remembers quickly where Pogtopia is because Schlatt is on our heels. Tubbo turns his head to check how far behind I am, but to his surprise, I am very close. Schlatt is a few hundred metres behind us, not enough to hurt us but not far enough to not be able to see us.

The burning pain in my back comes back as I remember that Schlatt threw a glass bottle at it. I start to slow down as the pain becomes overwhelming and Tubbo runs back to try to help. We can both hear Schlatt in the distance, yelling at us to come back. Neither of us complies as we continue running. Tubbo continues to help me run, and we eventually hit a blank stone wall. Schlatt had lost us due to the sheer amount of pointless yelling he was producing.

"Tubbo, we need to hurry, I don't know how long he'd take before he finds us." Tubbo sets me down on the soft grass in front of the wall before pressing multiple stones into the wall in different increments. A soft rumble occurs before the wall moves in front of us and a warm light emits from the entrance. Tubbo smiles softly as he helps me up and takes me down the stone stairs to people talking.

820 words

A/n: Oh my god I've been so busy with my personal and school projects that I've like completely forgotten to do this. I hope that this is long enough for you guys, and I'll try to post another one on the weekend <3