Chapter 2

✔️ this chapter has been edited since its release

TW: swearing

Y/n POV

Niki's house is a beautiful cottage in L'Manburg. It's a spruce wood and diorite wood cottage, but with tinted pale windows, and has beautiful fencing and a garden in front of the house. I consider this my second home since I hang out and stay with Niki often. I think of Niki as an older sister because of her kind nature and willingness to help me with anything. I gently knock on the honey-glazed wooden door, patiently waiting for Niki to answer the door. 

Niki's POV (our queen)

I hear someone gently knock on my door while I was tending to my sheep in my back garden. I haven't seen many people lately, only mostly L'Manburg citizens, just to say catch up and say hi. I refrain from mentioning Y/n whenever Wilbur is around, he always gets so agitated and his anger suddenly spikes. He is uncontrollable and manic when he gets too angry.

 I head over to peer over the pink fence gate to see who it is. Y/n! I race through the house, making sure Y/n doesn't wait too long. As I glide on my shining wooden floors with my pink converse shoes, I approach my door. I'm so excited to see Y/n! With a squeak of the door, it reveals a very tired but excited Y/n. 

I know she's been working a lot lately, but she never works on herself. It's been that way ever since she escaped Wilbur. It's been so hard on her, the mental weight must be crushing her by now. I welcome her in and sit down next to my two cats on the sofa. "So... Uhm how are you Y/n? What brings you to my house to see me?" I ask. She is looking into the distance, seemingly in a different place. She's stuck in the 'InBetween' as she calls it. I've got no idea, but I think she should see someone about this. I have to snap my fingers multiple times before I get Y/n to come back to reality. 

"Mhm, I'm sorry Niki! I got stuck in the InBetween again!! I saw a person there! He has a white hoodie and fluffy hair. He was really nice and we had a long conversation. How long was I there? I forgot his name though!" I look at Y/n in confusion, she keeps going on about this place, I may have to talk to Puffy about this as this is getting out of hand. 

"Nevermind, I was wondering if I could borrow some pink hair dye to cover up my orange roots?" I get up to look around my drawers for a second, trying to find my pastel pink hair dye. "Would you also like me to put the hair dye on?" I ask. "Hm, sure! Can you do it now?" Y/n questioned. I don't think I have anything to do, and I want to still help Y/n.

"I have time to do it now! After ya know, you keep covering your roots with hair dye, it will damage your hair if you keep doing it, and it's not that bad having orange hair. They won't associate you with Fundy anymore! It would work out, your hair can still grow out!" Y/n looks like I just stabbed her in the heart as she opens her mouth to speak.

"Uhm Niki, I don't think you know why I want to not look like Fundy. I want to live a different life, a NEW LIFE! I'VE TRIED SO FUCKING HARD TO COVER UP MY HISTORY AND MOVE ON? DO YOU THINK ITS EASY? Please, just dye the roots and then I can leave" I grab the hair application products and start to dye the roots, leaving now pink colour in her hair. "Thank you Niki, but now I've got to meet with Wilbur" She spits outs Wilbur's name like poison as she exits my house, leaving me upset that she's now mad at me.

Y/n POV

Why can't Niki understand that I never want to look like Fundy? It gets annoying, I'll see her tomorrow to apologize though. As I approach the meeting point for me and Wilbur to chat, my communicator rings.

Wilbur 🔫

Hey, could I change where we are meeting, Fundy may be coming, but I'm not sure?

Great. Are we still meeting at the hotdog van?

Change of location, in the L'Manburg forest, behind the podium, about a 1k blocks. Gotta make sure no one comes or finds us. 

I'm coming, give me 10mins tops

Cya there N/n!

I hate when he calls my N/n. He lost that privilege a long time ago. It's his fault that he did as he did when I was a child. Now he has invited Fundy as well, great! It's a family reunion. I start my trek for 1k blocks in the forest, I wonder why Wilbur wants to go so far, no one will know where we are if anything happens. I start calling out to Fundy, not Wilbur as I approach the sign of the 1k coordinates. I get a faint answer, following the sound. It gets louder and louder till I approach Wilbur and Fundy in a small forest opening. They seem to have a chest behind them, to be full of something as the lid won't entirely close. 

"Welcome Y/n! It's great to see you and have a family reunion since, you know. You ran away. And now you will fucking pay for running." Fundy backs into a corner, leaving me in shock by myself with no weapons. I swear to myself not to bring a dagger as Wilbur approaches. "What are you gonna do now daughter?"

(972 words)

A/N: OOOOOO WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN? WAIT TILL THE NEXT CHAPTER FOR THE DRAMA ALREADY!!! Make sure to drink and eat, I'm so proud of you! <3