Chapter 5

✔️ this chapter has been edited since its release

TW: anxiety, overthinking, panic attacks

Y/n POV

It all seemed peaceful. It all seemed black. It all seemed like I had met death. It was a massive black castle, not like anything I had seen before. It had white clouds raining gentle snowflakes from above, not harsh snow, but like they went pitter-patter like light rain. It was like nothing from the outside world could harm anyone in the castle. 

Letting my curiosity take over, I head into the castle, hearing voices from inside. I step quietly, not wanting to disturb whoever was talking. It sounded like a female and a male voice, having a casual conversation. "You shouldn't be here Phil, what happens if anyone realizes you are gone from the mortal world?"

"It's ok Kristen, Techno is with Ranboo and Niki had to leave to do some work. No one will suspect me." Phil? Wait- who is Kristen? And what is Philza doing here? "Hello?" I call out to the big throne room, entering the massive room where Philza and the female were standing. Philza dashes behind the void-black throne, hoping to hide. "Oh hello, Y/n! How did you get here?" The female, I assume Kristen, asks me. 

"1. Phil I know you are here, you have got some explaining to do. 2. I'm not sure, I fell unconscious from all my injuries in the syndicate room. 3. I'm assuming you know a boy with a swirl on his hoodie with fluffy brown hair." The words spill out of my mouth. Phil appears from behind the throne, caught red-handed.

"Well Y/n, you are in the castle of death, you are not dead, yet you can access this glorious castle. I am Kristen, as you may know, and you are here through the powers you are not yet able to harness. Leading onto the next question, you are able to time travel just like Karl, the boy who you described as the boy with a swirl on his hoodie with fluffy brown hair. He is very nice and has the same powers as you. I will call him in now."

As soon as Kristen clicks her fingers, an explosion of grey sparkles appears with Karl. "Yes, Kristen? What have you called me for?" Karl inquires. He turns around to see me. "UH, Kristen, I don't think Y/n is supposed to be here. Why is she here?" Karl looks panicked and confused as Kristen goes to answer. "My dear boy, I'm not sure why Y/n has arrived here. She had arrived after she arrived unconscious from her injuries. I have just told her however about your and hers powers, would you mind if I took you to the InBetween to help her harness her abilities?" 

Karl thinks for a second, then answers. "Sure! I was heading there anyway, I have work to do there." Kristen lifts her fingers to snap, and then Karl and I get teleported to a white palace, which I now know is the InBetween that I keep seeing in my vision.

The white palace looked amazing, from what I saw in my visions, but this is more amazing than what I saw! So many different-looking Karls are walking around and doing jobs, the castle looks amazing. Karl takes many turns before stopping in this big corridor, containing different rooms. "This corridor is where my memories from time-travelling are stored. Each time I go time travelling, the event gets put in a room, holding the people and the event, so I can revisit it without keeping making mistakes in the actual timeline. Today I went to the dusk party (I made this event up so it's more fun and different) so I will need to stay here so the people and event are fully in the room, so I've got some time to help you with your powers while you are here. There are already some people here, so you get to meet them!" Karl opens the oak door, revealing a whole different place. 

The sky is purple and pink, and there is a massive table with only a few people around it, as I remember Karl saying that people will slowly appear. I approach the first character, she is shorter than me with tanned skin. Her black hair flies in the wind as she runs over to me. "Hello! My name is Lia! What's yours?" (Yes I made characters too). "My name is Y/n!" I hear Karl call out my name from outside the room, I hear Lia say goodbye as I exit the room. "How was it Y/n?" Karl asks. 

"It was fun! I me-" The castle around me suddenly shakes and then resumes to normal. "What was that?" I ask Karl, his expression changing to worried. He paces around the room, trying to figure out what just happened. "I felt a shift, but nothing more. You need to tell me what you felt."

"Well, the wal-" The corridor shakes again, but for longer. "Karl, I'm getting worried." Karl stares at me. "Y/n what's going on? I don't understand." The floor starts to sink in front of me, and this time Karl uses his powers to see what's happening. (Yes I know Karl can't do this in the lore, but roll with it) "Y/n! I will force your body into the mortal world, you have to trust me! I don't know what's happening, but it's for your own good!" I sink lower and lower, slowly losing consciousness. As I close my eyes, I appear back in the syndicate room, with Ranboo and Techno sitting across me in the room. "Y/n, are you ok?" Ranboo asks.

(953 words)

A/N: Yes, I know that this lore was revealed later, but I wanted to do this now. Also, I just love feeding readers angst. I finally had the motivation to post this chapter, finally got out of writing block! Make sure to eat anything and have a nice day <3