Chapter Twelve

The minute I stepped out of Michael's car, I felt eyes on me. Sam, also sensing people's stares, rolled his eyes. He seemed to do that a lot. He could probably tell I'd be nervous out of my mind, because he whispered to me, "I'm going to put my arm around your shoulder, okay?" I nodded, and he did. Smiling broadly at students, Sam walked toward the school building, and so did I. I looked in the crowd for a guy who resembled Will's descriptions. Which was more difficult that I'd imagined.

It felt very odd, having people study my face. I was sure they could see every flaw. "Hey." A random girl walked up to us. "Would you like me to show you around? You're a sophomore, right? So am I!" She seemed like a very nice person. Sam narrowed his eyes at her, then looked at me questioningly. I nodded slightly, to show that I was okay. I couldn't stick to his side all day. He was probably popular, and had many friends. "Text me if you need me, okay?" He asked, and left me alone with the nice girl after I nodded.

"It's sweet how protective of you he is." She smiled at me. "Yeah." I replied. "Are you as dangerous as they say you are?" She asked. "I doubt I meet their expectations." I responded.

"Not giving a straight answer? So at least you're as mysterious as they made you out to be." She laughed. "I'm Lea, by the way." She said, extending her hand. "Nice to meet you, Lea. I'm Danny." I shook her hand, smiling politely. She took me on a tour of the school. When I was about to give up on my search for Will, I spotted a group of teens on the mostly deserted part of campus.

There was a guy who was smoking something. He was laughing loudly, then he leaned into another guy, who was on his phone. The other guy pushed him away. "The fuck is your problem?" He rolled his eyes.

"Don't be a meany, Willy." The probably high guy said sarcastically. My eyes scanning the other guy and realised he fit the description. I wanted to test something. "Give me one sec, Lea." I told her, she stared at me in confusion. I grabbed my phone and texted Will.

Me
I see you.

The guy's phone got a notification. He pulled it out, then after reading my message, he looked around suspiciously. This confirmed my suspicion. He typed something into his phone. And seconds later, I got a notification.

Will
WHAT
WHERE R U

Me
The guy standing next to a girl. Your 11 o'clock.

Will
oooh someone's already got a girl with him? dang ur popular w the ladiiieesss

Me
How do you even have friends?

Will
RUDE

The guy looked up and glanced in my direction. He grinned cheekily then waved at me. I waved back. He got up and walked toward me and Lea, who looked at me then at Will. "You know him?" She asked me. "More or less." I replied.

"What the hell does that even mean?" She said, frowning, making me laugh. "Oh my god! It's the hot bad boy! Please, please sign my ass! I'm a huge fan!" Will said when he reached us. Laughing, I shook my head at him. "Bro, you're actually not bad looking. Fuck, I knew you were being too humble." He said, jokingly flirting with me.

"I'm gonna... go." Lea said. She didn't seem to like Will much. "Bye, Bella Swan!" Will waved enthusiastically. I looked at him questioningly. "Oh, shit! That's right. You don't know about my nicknames for people. I'll have to introduce you later."

"So, you're a freshman?" He asked. I shook my head. "Sophomore." I said. "Oh, so am I. How are you 15, though? Skipped a grade?" He asked. I shook my head. "I have an early birthday."