Chapter Fourteen

Will's P.O.V

Sam looked really stressed. He called after Danny, who didn't respond. "What's happening?" I asked, frowning. "He's- he's..." Sam stuttered, looking unfocused. "I have to find him," he said. He sounded really worried. I had no idea what the fuck was going on. "I'll help you look. You take the east wing, I'll take the west. I'll call you if I find him." I said, and set out on the manhunt for Danny.

There was half an hour left until fourth period. I couldn't find him anywhere. I gave up and started walking back to the cafeteria. As I was walking, I heard sobbing and from the janitor's closet. Shit, that must be Danny. I opened the door to find Danny, hugging his legs tightly. He was breathing really heavily, and he was sweating a lot.

"Shit." I whispered under my breath. "Danny." I said, he didn't hear me. "Danny! Look at me." I said. I didn't want to touch him. I knew that it would probably worsen his state. He glanced up at me, his eyes red and puffy. It broke my damn heart. I didn't know what to do or say in this situation.

Grabbing my phone, I searched hurriedly through my contacts and found Sam's number. I called him and he picked up immediately.

"Is he hurt? Where are you?" Sam answered immediately, panic in his tone. I searched Danny's body for any evident injury. "No, he's fine. We're in the janitor's closet, 2nd floor. He's having a panic attack."

"Fuck. Fuck. Shit, this is all my fault."

"Hey, Sam. You need to calm down. Danny needs you."

"James is the one who knows how to handle this, n-not me."

"You're a strong guy and your brother's having a panic attack."

"I-I can't. I just- I-"

"Sam, breathe. Have you seen James do it before?"

"Y-yes, but-"

"No buts. Tell me what to do."

"Okay. Okay, you're right. First, ask him for 5 things he can see. I'm on my way."

"Okay. Danny," I turned to his curled up figure on the floor. "Danny!" I said louder. He snapped his head up, fear in his eyes. Shit. "I'm sorry. Can you name 5 things you can see?" I asked him. He gasped for breath then nodded. "You... a... a mop... the d-door... bucket... trash bag."

"Okay. Now ask him for... for 4 things he can touch. And encourage him."

"You're doing really well, Danny. Now can you name 4 things you can touch?" I asked him gently. "Floor... w-water... shirt... metal." Danny breathed. He looked like he was in so much pain. Fuck, I couldn't stand this.

"Ask for 3 things he can hear."

"That's really good, Danny. Now, what are 3 things you can hear?" I said softly. "Your voice... a d-door opening... s-someone laugh-laughing." I could tell he was calming down a little. I smiled at him. "Excellent."

"I'm almost there." Sam panted as if he had been running. "Ask him for 2 things he can smell."

"What are 2 things you can smell?" I asked Danny. "Bleach... sandalwood." He said, his breathing considerably less erratic. "You're doing so good, Danny." I encouraged.

"Ask him one thing he can taste."

"What's one thing you can taste?" I asked Danny. "Pizza." He said. Right, the school lunch. He breathed in and out deeply. "I-I'm s-so- sorry." He said, his eyes shiny with tears. His nose was red. All I wanted to do was hug him, he looked so fragile. "Hey, hey. It's okay." I said, sitting down next to him. "I was worried about you," I admitted quietly. It was rare for me to admit anything. "D-don't get all soft on me." He smiled at me, trying to lighten up the mood. I chuckled and cleared my throat. "Yeah, like that'll ever happen." I scoffed. He leaned on my shoulder tiredly. I smiled. He was comfortable with me.