Chapter Eighteen

Freddie's P.O.V

After breakfast, I sat down on my desk and decided to study. I love my major, I really do. But it can be draining sometimes. I was on FaceTime with Blake, who was also studying for his psychology classes. Exams were stressful and I focus better when I have someone else to talk to.

"I'm tired." I groaned, pouting. I could hear Blake's deep chuckle from my laptop. "I am, too. Let's take a short break, yeah?" He said. I nodded eagerly. "So, how's Danny holding up?" He asked me. I sighed. "He's- he's okay, I think. I don't know. He refused to go to therapy."

"Did you ask why?"

"Um, no. I don't think dad did."

"Does Danny seem tired, stressed?"

"He does. All the time. It's like he doesn't sleep."

"Does he have panic attacks?"

"They stopped like a little over a week ago."

"Stopped or did he learn how to hide them?"

"I'm not sure. James said he seems tired. He doesn't eat as well as he should, drinks too much coffee, doesn't go out with his friends. He isolates himself in his bedroom all the time."

"Hm... you should try talking to him."

"I told you, dad tried-"

"No, I meant you. Danny needs someone who understands. You do."

"You want me to open up to him?"

"Yeah, if you're comfortable with that, of course."

"I'm way past being uncomfortable with sharing my experience. It's just... how do I go about doing it?"

"Tell him that you wanna tell him something. Then sit down with him and tell him about your experience. It's your experience, I have no right to tell you how to share it."

"Dad says I can't tell him what happened... what happened to cause my PTSD."

"Just, exclude it as best as you could, I guess?"

"I guess I can do that."

"You don't have to tell him about it immediately, baby. It may take time for you to be completely ready to share your story. That's completely okay."

"Okay."

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

"I don't wanna study. Maybe I should just drop out."

"Haha. Get back to studying."

Hours passed as Blake and I studied, occasionally taking breaks to chat and stock up on caffeine. I heard the home phone ringing. It was odd, it rarely ever rang. I was home alone; dad was at work, Danny and Sam were at school, and James was god knows where.

"Hello?" I answered. "Hello, is this Mr. Michael Clark, father of Daniel Clark?" The woman at the end of the line spoke. "This is Freddie Clark, Danny's brother. Is something wrong?" I asked. "Well, Daniel seems to have gotten in trouble with the gym teacher, Mr. Johnson."

"What? There has to be a mistake. Danny wouldn't do that." I replied, shocked. "Sir, it seems that his friend punched the teacher, dislocating his jaw. Daniel and his friend, a Mr. William Miller, both deny Daniel's involvement in this assault, however Mr. Johnson is positive that he is a part of this."

"So you believe one person over 2 people? Danny's a straight A student. He hasn't ever shown violent tendencies and has a perfectly clean record."

"I'm sorry, Mr. Clark, but Mr. Johnson is a respected teacher. Danny will be facing a 3 day suspension."