Chapter Twenty Six

"So, Danny, Michael tells me you do well in school?" Mr. Sharma spoke at the dinner table. I nodded and smiled politely. Lily narrowed her eyes at me. "He's the first in our year." She added. "Unfortunately." She muttered to me. I flashed her a grin.

"Is that so? That's quite an accomplishment." He replied. "Thank you, sir." I said. "My son hates school and is barely passing, your father's lucky to have four smart children." Some random man I didn't know the name of said. "Indeed, I am." Michael said, chuckling.

"Is that all you're going to have?" Mr. Sharma asked when I excused myself from the dinner table a few minutes later. I nodded. "The food was lovely, Mr. Sharma." I told him. I didn't want him to think I was ungrateful or rude. He smiled. I grabbed my plates and went to the kitchen, putting them in the sink. I walked to the bathroom and washed my hands.

As I was walking back to the living room, I bumped into someone. Or rather, they bumped into me. They had been running and came crashing into my torso, making me wince but steady them. "Sorry! Sorry!" She said. "It's my bad." I told her and let go of her arm. She was very short; roughly a foot shorter than me.

"Oh, God. You're bleeding." She gasped as she scanned my stomach. True enough, my stitches had been reopened. "I'm okay." I told her. She looked really panicked, maybe she thought she hurt me. "I'm so sorry." She said. "It's alright, not your fault." I reassured her.

"There's a lot of blood." She said worriedly. "It's fine, I'll see if I can find some bandages or something." I replied. "I'll help." She smiled kindly, and we walked to the living room. She approached Adam and spoke to him in a hushed voice. He turned his head and scanned me, widening his eyes when he saw my red shirt.

I quickly covered it, not wanting to alert anyone else. Except it was too late, because Lily, who was sitting next to Sam, widened her eyes at me. She excused herself quickly and came running over. "Holy shit, Danny." She said as she gently placed her hand on my torso. I tried to hide my blush.

"Come on. I'll get you something for that." Adam whispered. So all three of us followed Adam out of the living room. Blake gave us a suspicious look from where he sat. I only hoped he didn't say anything to Freddie.

Adam led us to his bedroom. He emerged from the bathroom holding a huge box of medical supplies. "Here." He said, handing me some gauze, paper tape, and some ointment, making me mutter a quick "thanks." "Do I want to know how you got that?" He asked, looking worried. "I got in a fight." I muttered.

"Jesus, Danny." Lily said. "Do you need help with that?" Adam asked as I hesitated to lift my shirt. I shook my head. Trying my hardest to hide myself from them, I rubbed the ointment on myself, wincing at the sting. "Let me help." Lily whispered. She grabbed the gauge and cut it according to the size of my wound. She then took out the the paper tape and taped it to my side.

Her fingers held onto my bare skin as she delicately placed the gauze on my stomach. I felt my heart drop when I realised that she could see my scars. She put her fingers on an especially deeper, more prominent one, making me flinch and back away.

She looked at me sadly, but didn't say anything. I hated that look. Pity. But I gulped down my emotions. "You can borrow a shirt of mine. I-I'm sure it won't fit but it's better than walking around with a huge blood stain." Adam said shyly. I smiled and thanked him.

The girl who bumped into me sat silently, zoning out. I got up and walked inside Adam's bathroom. I took of the bloody shirt, cringing when it stuck to my skin. I wiped my bloodied torso and then put on Adam's shirt. It was definitely noticeably large on me, but I was more comfortable with oversized clothing anyway. I walked out to see Lily and Adam in a conversation. The girl was nowhere to be seen.