Chapter Twenty Five

Danny's P.O.V

Sam and I were grounded for a month. This included no parties, no video games (for Sam), no phones after 8:00 p.m., curfew also at 8:00 p.m., and no going out before our homework is completely finished (and he will be monitoring this).

However, he made an exception for the dinner party. Apparently, it was very important. Freddie tried to cover up our bruises the best he could with concealer and whatever else but it wasn't as successful as he had hoped. I still looked like I fell onto a pile of rocks. Sam complained about the pain for the past 2 days.

It was a totally understandable and reasonable reaction to that much pain, unlike me, who pretended as if my face wasn't more blue and purple than it was my skin tone. And that my skin wasn't sewn together around 48 hours ago. "We're leaving in an hour. Get dressed." Michael informed us, as we were sitting in Freddie's room.

"I'm not nearly finished." Freddie groaned. "It's okay. I look beautiful, as always." Sam said cockily. "No, you look kind of repulsive." Freddie said, smiling. Sam pouted then winced. "Fucking shit." He muttered, touching his fingers to his lower lip to see if there was blood.

"Get out of my room, you two." He said, pushing us out. "I need to change." So I left for my room and put on my tuxedo. It was odd, being in such a fancy, expensive outfit. As every outfit I've ever worn since getting stitches, I felt the material of the shirt rub uncomfortably on my sensitive skin.

I groaned in frustration. I looked at myself in the mirror. I didn't like how the tux fit my body. I guess I was just used to oversized clothing. I shrugged and put on the fancy oxfords Sam let me borrow. I grabbed my phone and my earphones and made my way back downstairs.

"Looking sharp." Sam winked at me, grinning despite his injuries. I guess he took some pain killers. "Thanks." I said, blushing. "So, are we gonna meet your plus one or are we picking them up?" James said, who was sitting on the couch. I frowned in confusion. "Pardon?" I asked. "Your plus one? You did invite someone, didn't you?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

No, as a matter of fact, I did not. "Y-yeah of course. I'll have to check with her first." I muttered. Fuck. I immediately texted the first person who came to mind.

Me
Hey!
Are you free tonight?

Lily
heyy
yeah, i am
why?

Me
Well... I'm going to some fancy dinner thing and I completely forgot that I was supposed to bring a plus one

Lily
so you're asking me out?

Me
Yeah. Of course, you can say no
It's totally understandable
I mean, I just asked you 2 hours before

Lily
it's fine, danny
i'd love to go with you

Me
Thank you, Lily

Lily
no problem, it's not like i'm not gonna enjoy my time with you
is this a fake gf situation or??

Me
No, it's not.
Jesus, Lily

Lily
what? i like to be prepared
and i'd be a wonderful fake gf

Me
I didn't tell people you were my girlfriend

Lily
okay, suuree