Chapter Nineteen

Danny's P.O.V

The lights were all turned off. I walked toward the closed door of mom's room. She was yelling. Clutched in my hand was a stuffed animal; a panda.

"How could you? How could you do this, Freddie?" Mom yelled. What happened?

I walked in the room and gasped. "M-mommy?" I said. She looked down when she noticed me staring. Her hands were around Freddie's throat. "Mommy, you're hurting Fred." I said.

"Get back to your fucking room." She spat at me. "M-mommy, why are you saying bad words?" I asked, starting to cry.

"Get back to your room!" She yelled at me. I staggered back, "no, mommy! Stop!" I yelled at her. She stomped toward me. She grabbed my arm roughly, making me drop my stuffed panda. "Get out." She said. I started to cry.

"Freddie!" I yelled and ran toward my older brother, who was touching his throat and coughing. "Danny, hey. L-looks like you- you dropped Pandacakes." He told me, gasping for air. "You have an owie, Freddie." I told him.

"I'm okay, Danny. I'm okay." He breathed. "Like hell you are." Mom shoved me away and I fell. "Don't hurt him!" Freddie yelled. "Shut up." She said.

She pulled out a gun. She put it against Freddie's head. Freddie started crying. "No! Mommy, no! That's for bad guys." I said, standing up. I tried tugging her away from Freddie. She elbowed me to the face.

"D-Danny..." Freddie stuttered. "Go get dad, okay?" He told me. "Daddy's n-not home." I said, feeling scared. "G-get James." He breathed.

I ran out of the room. "Jam Jam! Jam Jam!" I screamed. James came out of his room. "What is it, Danny?" He asked. "Mommy has a gun! She hurt Freddie!" I cried, desperately clinging to James's leg. "Stay here. It's gonna be okay." He told me.

But I couldn't stay there. I followed him. He was on the phone. Talking to dad. He walked in mom's room. "Mom, why are you doing this?" He said.

"This son of a bitch, he made my Isaac leave me." Mom said. "What are you talking about, mom?"

"This piece of shit isn't your dad's son. He's a lovechild between me and my true love, Isaac. But Isaac left me, because of him."

"Drop the gun, mom. You don't wanna do this." James said. "Yes, I do." Mom said. Freddie whimpered. I didn't want mom to hurt him.

"Mommy! Leave him alone!" I said. "You little shit! I told you to go to your room!"

"Mommy, please stop!" I screamed. "God, you are so annoying." She put the gun against my head. I sobbed. "M-mommy." I whispered. "Don't you dare fucking hurt him!" James yelled, and jumped on top of mom. He held her to the ground and pried the gun out of her hand. He threw it and Freddie caught it. "Danny, I need you to go to Sammy, okay? You two need to stay away, okay, Dee?"

I shook my head. "Danny-" James said, but mom punched him in the stomach. He doubled over, clutching his stomach and groaning. "You." She grabbed my arm. "I'm taking you with me. Don't even try to find him, because I'll put a bullet in his skull if I'm even suspicious of you doing that. I'm changing his name on his papers. You'll never find him. That is, unless I don't kill him first." She laughed cruelly and dragged me outside.

She got in her car and shoved me inside. I tried to fight but it was hopeless. I felt a sharp pain in my head then saw nothing but blackness.

•••

I gasped. Starting to hyperventilate, I got out of my bed. My legs weren't strong enough and I collapsed. I couldn't breathe. I've never had a panic attack this intense. I tried to fix my breathing, but I couldn't. I cried out in pain. It felt like I was being stabbed repeatedly in the chest. I was shaking violently. I felt like I was going to die. My vision was blurry. I didn't know what to do.