Change

Chapter 15: "Change"

[Susie's POV]

Butterflies fill my stomach as the old lady clings to me, still on her knees. Tears streamed down her face, probably a mix of leftover fear from the robbery and the joy of being saved. I could hear the applause of customers ringing from all sides of the chicken store, all directed towards me.

I looked back to Y/N who had a proud smile plastered on his face. I took a few seconds to take in the moment. I had used my abilities to save someone, the same abilities that I thought had made me less than human.

My moment was cut short, however, by the scream of the old lady who once clung to me. Her face was contorted with a look of disgust and fear as she crawled away from me. I looked around, and everyone had a similar reaction. Some ran away while others took their phone out to record the scene.

My senses heightened as I tried to figure out what was happening. It was only then I realized that I could feel a weight atop my head. I reached out to feel what it was and my fingers were met with a smooth leathery surface.

I froze. I didn't even have to look at what my fingers had connected with. My mask. I looked down, and I was back in my outfit that Y/N had first seen me in back at the ski lodge. My clothes were covered with dirt and blood. The thick mud mixed with the blood to create a horrid-smelling concoction that filled my nostrils.

As reality began to set in and the restaurant was almost completely evacuated I turned to the last thing I had at that moment: Y/N.

He froze as we locked eyes, but he soon slowly and cautiously began to step backward. He looked calm on the surface but could tell he was scared. I could only watch him as he made a mad dash for the door with the remaining customers and employees.

He's scared of me

I felt the warm tears fall across my cheeks. My breathing became heavier, but it was only stifled by the mask that covered my face. It was getting harder and harder to breathe and in an act of desperation, I took in one massive gulp of breath.

As I took my breath all the light faded from around me and I jolted up from a sleeping position. The tears were still running down my face but I could now breathe. I quickly scanned my surroundings and identified the room as Y/N's.

It was just another dream

[3rd Person POV]

The realization came to her as she began to calm down.

Before Susie could get her breathing completely under control she felt two hands wrap around her and a familiar body pressed itself against her own. His hot breath hit her neck as he got closer. He used his position to fall back softly pulling her with him.

He whispered reassurances as he ran his fingers through her soft pink hair. He sounded tired and with how his three roommates were treating him over the last three weeks anyone would be.

For one, Susie has been having these nightmares fairly often. Often enough for Y/N to be able to be completely unphased by the situation. He knew what the content of the nightmares consisted of and that did worry him, however, as of now, the only thing he can do to help is to support her.

He made sure he was always there to calm her down when they occurred, but to completely get rid of them was something Susie had to face alone. Only she could come to terms with her fears.

Secondly, and the more plausible reason for Y/N's exhaustion, was the fact that it had been about that long since their plan succeeded and they, for a lack of better words, seduced Y/N. After that night the three made sure that he didn't think it was a one-night thing. They couldn't let their progress regress, so in turn, they pushed forward harder than ever.