Things Are Looking Up

Chapter 21: "Things Are Looking Up"

[3rd Person POV]

[Timeskip]

The injured group of survivors entered the front door of their home, its quiet environment quickly broken by its owner's arrival.

Y/N: "I'm telling you that I'm not lying!"

Freya: "Bull. Fucking. Shit."

Susie: "I'm sorry, Y/N, but that part with the little girl and the powers... the whole thing sounds far-fetched, actually."

Mica nodded her head in agreement behind the pink-haired girl.

Y/N: "Fine, then don't believe me. It's not like I care."

The frustrated boy exclaimed loudly, annoyed that all of his pain and suffering was being undervalued by his lovers' lack of belief.

Freya: "I would believe you if you could show me some of those powers you claim she gave you."

Y/N: "Ugh, I told you that they disappeared when I came through the mud. When the entity died, it must have taken them with it."

Freya: "Mhm, that's exactly the excuse I would expect someone who never had powers to use."

The boy looked down with a dejected expression, accepting the fact that they would never believe him.

Susie: "Where are we going to sit?"

They looked around the extremely clean living room, then down to themselves, which were covered in blood and mud from the terrifying events of the now ending night.

Y/N: "Fuck it, I'll just buy a new couch."

He plopped onto the sofa, the blood and mud instantly seeping deep into the soft cushions. Susie and Mica followed behind, relishing in the comfort of the soft fabric that only ever so slightly dulled their pain.

Meanwhile, Freya walked to the kitchen, grabbing the sewing kit that Y/N had bought previously for a situation exactly like the one they found themselves in now.

She approached the still bleeding boy, but he slapped her hand away with discontent.

Y/N: "Don't touch me."

Freya: "You're gonna bleed out if you don't get that stitched up."

She motioned to his still bleeding shoulder.

Y/N: "I'd rather bleed out... plus, you guys are worse off than me. I'll stitch you up first."

Y/N miraculously was the least injured among the four. Freya had a large wound in her shoulder, Mica had multiple cuts and gashes across her body, and Susie was the most injured with a broken arm, bruised ribs, and a fractured shoulder.

Freya: "Stop being a crybaby and let me get you patched up, then you can help me."

He reluctantly agreed as he didn't have the strength to argue anymore. He had used it all up trying to convince them of his encounter and murder of the entity, to no avail.

She weaved the needle through his tarnished skin, filling the hole that allowed the blood to pour through until it was finished, turning him to do the same to his back where the hook had pierced through.

They went in turns fixing each other up before they felt satisfied with their makeshift medical care and prepared to take a much-needed shower.

They split off in pairs of two so that both showers the house contained would be in use, Y/N entering his with Mica.