Getting Situated

Chapter 4 - Getting Situated

[Y/N POV]

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP*

I woke up to the god awful sound of my alarm clock blaring through out my room. I quickly slap the top of it, finally silencing it's repeating tone.

The clock displayed 6:30 in bold red numbers, letting me know it was about 5 hours to early for me to be up. With a hesitant sigh, I sat up and hopped in the shower.

In a span of 30 minutes I was ready to walk out of the door and head off to school, but luckily for me it wasn't quite that time yet. I walk out of my room and enter the kitchen. Hanging from one of the chairs around the kitchen table was a creepy looking mask.

Oh I guess it wasn't a dream?

I let myself get lost in my thoughts as I went through my daily routine of pouring my bowl of honey nut cheerios. If anyone else were to see me I would have probably looked like a robot following pre programmed code, or maybe closer to a functioning zombie.

Almost on que Susie walked in to the kitchen looking worse than me. She slowly rubbed her eyes before speaking.

Susie: "Why are you up so early?"

She sounded groggy and not completely aware of the situation. I could see her eyes were passing right through me as she glared in my general direction.

Y/N: "Oh, did I forget to mention I had school today? Sorry to leave you here alone, but I'll be back by 3:00 so feel free to poor yourself some cereal. Oh and also I'll leave Netflix on TV so you don't die of boredom while I'm gone."

I felt bad dropping all of this on her at once, especially when she's only half awake but there was nothing else I could really do for now.

Susie: "O-ok sounds good."

I could tell by the tone of her response she didn't really pick up on what I was saying but again I had no choice but to just go with it for now.

She took a seat across from me and just continued staring blankly ahead. I laughed to myself, thinking back to all the times that I've been in the exact same position as her.

I checked my phone to see I didn't have much more time before I had to leave. I got up and walked over to the sink, empty cereal bowl in hand. I was quickly but thoroughly cleaning out all the excess cereal in the bowl.

Before I could completely finish I felt two arms wrap around my torso from behind. Not long after I could feel a woman's body press up against my back. I could tell she was using me to keep herself from falling, meaning she had most of her weight pressed against me.

I blushed slightly at the situation I now found myself in.

Susie: "Y/Nnnnnnnn, I want to sleep in your bed with you... I can't sleep when I'm alone."

She now sounded even more tired than before. From what I could tell she was basically already asleep, and what was happening now could be more closely related to sleep talking to anything else.

I looked down at the girl who was still tightly clinging to me and felt sympathy for her. I could see deep bags underneath her eyes as she held them open with all her strength, even if it wasn't much.

I just gave a faint smile as I picked her up and carried her through the kitchen. I let her down on my bed but before I could back away I was pulled in after her. She held on tightly, keeping me in the little spoon position, and she was obviously the big spoon.

Susie: "L-let me protect you. Please... I can protect you forever."

She was now fully asleep and genuinely sleep talking. Even if she was only sleep talking I still blushed at the notion she was trying to give me.