A New Life

Chapter 3 - A New Life

[Susie POV]

We slowly made our way through a large path that separated the trees of this vast forest. It's been a while now and an awkward silence has plagued our adventure towards his home. Although from my perspective it was quite nice as it let me gather my thoughts and fully realize the situation I was in.

I'm being led through the forest by a boy I just met. Shouldn't I be a little worried? How did he get into this forest in the first place? And why was he going to let us kill him?

Although the thought of the sketchy situation I was currently in would be enough to send shivers down any regulars girl spine, I was quite calm. I didn't know how to explain it but Y/N gave off a very comforting aura. Well not comforting, more... innocent.

It felt like no matter the situation I could trust him and honestly, I did. Even though I had a million more thoughts flowing through my head, one was the most prevalent, and that one worries me the most.

Am I still a monster?

The whole time I was trapped in that resort, I wasn't human. I could run faster than any human being should be capable of. Every day, no matter what, my body and clothes would reset themselves to the day my real life ended. I never needed to eat, nor sleep. It was a constant cycle that no matter what I did, would never end.

If my body didn't change back, if every morning I had to revert back into my muddy, blood stained clothes, if I never needed to eat... I don't think I could live like that. The question ate at my very existence itself. No matter what I tried to think of instead, my mind would always bring me back to that looming question.

Finally I got fed up and decided to take my mind back to the real world. Whether or not I wanted to get out of my own head, I was interested in this boy who had saved my life.

Before I spoke I looked my savior up and down. He honestly didn't look anything special. Not to say he was ugly by any means, but more... completely average. His looks didn't automatically strike me as hot, but instead he made up for in cuteness. Every piece of him gave off cute vibes, form his thick colorful jacket, to his *Insert hair type and color* Hair.

After ogling the boy for a few seconds I finally opened my mouth.

Susie: "So Y/N, why were you in the forest in the first place?"

I decided to start the conversation up easy. I didn't want to ask anything to personal right off the bat as to not scare him off.

He turned his head over to me as he gave an awkward laugh and looked towards the ground. He rubbed the back of his neck as it seemed he was pondering what to say next. My heart skipped a beat at the boys actions.

I could feel my face become ever so slightly red as my heart beat began to speed up.

SUSIE STOP! You just met this kid, you can't start thinking of him like that so suddenly!

Right away I knew what my body was trying to tell me. Just because I wasn't in the modern world for a few years doesn't mean I'm dense. But I couldn't think like that so soon. I didn't even know the kid yet, but I decided to make my decision after I learned a bit about him.

My attention is turned back to Y/N as he begins to speak. To my surprise he told me about everything that happened. He talked about a girl and some guys, water balloons and his walk home.

My heart broke as I listened to the story.

How could someone ever be so cruel? Especially to someone as sweet as Y/N! If I ever get to meet anyone of them I swear to god I'm gonna rip- NO STOP THINKING LIKE THAT!