First Day

A/N: I noticed that there are more reads on my chapter 7 than my A/N chapter. If you are someone who did not read the A/N I would recommend reading it as it lays out changes I made to the book and things may not make sense if you skipped it.

Chapter 8: "First Day"

[1 Week time skip from last chapter]

[Monday]

[Susie POV]

I'm jolted awake by an awful beeping sound. I look over to my left to see the glow of my phone screen giving me the option to snooze or stop. I pressed snooze, silencing the noise before letting my head find its original spot on the pillow.

The silence didn't last long as my door swung open revealing Y/N's head peeking in.

Y/N: "I heard you silence your alarm. Get up, or we're going to be late."

I roll onto my back with a grunt. I had forgotten the pain of waking up early 5 days a week. I force my body up right and off the bed. Every bone in my body felt like it was made of dense iron as I dragged myself to the closet.

I picked out clothes I thought were good, and made my way to the shower. The warm water running down my face helped wake me up. After I was dressed I made my way down to the kitchen. Y/N was sitting in the living room eating as he watched the news.

My gaze fell to his head. The doctor recommended to keep the bandages on for at least another week, but he didn't want to wear them to school.

Y/N: "I made eggs and bacon. They're on the counter if you want them."

I grabbed the plate he made for me and sat next to him.

Y/N: "This breakfast is a one time thing only. We live on cliff bars in this household, got it?"

I nodded as I began stuffing my mouth with the perfectly cooked eggs and crisp bacon. Y/N silently sat next to me with his own plate. His eyes looked heavy and he let his head hang as he ate.

News Reporter: "Early this morning, the dead body of George Harrington was found in an alleyway on Bailey Street. He had multiple stab wounds in his chest suggesting he was murdered..."

Susie: "Hey, isn't that close to us?"

Y/N: "Yeah, it's only a few blocks away. We should be careful leaving the house alone."

Susie: "You mean you should? As far as I'm concerned Freya and I should be fine."

I switched the channel and soon after finished my food as Y/N was taking his sweet time browsing memes as he ate.

Susie: "Hurry up or we're going to be late!"

Y/N: "Hey, I'm not the one who couldn't get out of bed this morning."

He stood up throwing his remaining food in the trash, and packaged up what was still on the stove. He placed it on the counter with a note for Freya sitting on top, and made his way for the door.

Y/N: "Are you sure you're ready for this?"

I gave him a reassuring nod as we walked out the front door.

My first day of school! I hope everything will be okay!

[Time skip 30min]

I followed the principle into my new class. I stood at the front of the room as the principle explained there would be a new student. Everyone's glares, especially the boys, were fixated on me, except for one. Y/N sat in the back corner with his eyes closed, paying no attention to me, or the principle.