Strange Intuitions and Them Being Right

Chapter 9: "Strange Intuitions and Them Being Right"

[Y/N POV]

The cold air attacks my skin as I shut off the warm shower. I wrap the towel around my waist as I begin my morning ritual, which includes shaving, brushing, flossing, and combing. Once finished I threw on the clothes I had brought with me.

I walked out and woke Susie up, so she could get ready. It's been two weeks since Susie began school, and she's been doing well. She's made a lot of friends, and I've been helping with her academics. The only thing she struggles with is homework, but I don't fault her for that.

I walked down to the kitchen, grabbing a cliff bar before sitting down to watch TV. I grabbed the remote and turned on the news.

News Anchor: "Another dead body was found today on Myers Avenue. The victim was stabbed multiple times before bleeding out. This marks the 6th victim of the serial killer, terrifying the residents of Cedar Ridge. The police urge all residents to stay inside, and if you must be out, to Uber."

I wondered what it would feel like to be murdered. If Susie or Freya decided not to save me but instead killed me those nights. Being stabbed... would it burn? Sting? What could I even compare that kind of pain too?

I shake my head, ridding me of those kinds of thoughts, and switch the channel only to find commercials on everyone. Classic.

Soon after, Susie walked into the kitchen for a cliff bar. She sat at the kitchen counter and began to work in her binder.

Y/N: "Are you working on homework?"

Susie: "Yeah... it's due second period."

I could feel my eyes roll into the back of my head.

Y/N: "You procrastinated your homework until the day it's due again?! Do I need to check your binder every night like your parent?"

Susie: "No! I'm fine, it won't happen again... How many times do I have to remind you that I'm older?!"

Her embarrassment showed on her cheeks.

Y/N: "Okay, okay sorry. It was just a joke, no need to get so serious."

Susie: "Well, if that was a joke it wasn't funny."

She snapped back in an angry tone.

Y/N: "Ouch. Tough crowd this morning."

Before I could even laugh at my joke Freya's door was thrown open, and soon after she was standing at the entrance of the kitchen. She was breathing hard, and sweat soaked her plain blue shirt.

Freya: "Y/N! A-are you going to school today?"

Y/N: "Yup, just like every other Wednesday morning."

Freya: "No! We should stay at home today. We can watch movies all day. I'll watch whatever you want!"

I raised an eyebrow at this.

I thought she hated movies?!

Y/N: "As tempting as that offer is, I have a field trip today for Environmental Studies, and it's worth more than a test. I'll take a rain check though!"

I could see Freya's head fall as she seemed to be pondering something.

Freya: "Can I talk to you, in private?"

I reluctantly got off the couch as Freya pulled me into her room. Her eyes seemed panicked as she paced the room. She was wearing a plain blue shirt with revealing, pink booty shorts made out of that athletic material. (I don't know if you know what I'm talking about, but I tried to look up the name, and when I finally found it, I was reading a fucking paragraph. So sorry if you don't know what I'm talking about. Not short yoga pants, it's a different material.)