Growing

Chapter 11: "Growing"

[Y/N's POV]

I walked into the house and belly flopped onto the couch. If it were just me I could have fallen asleep right then and there, but unfortunately for my tired eyes, three more people walked in behind me. I got up with a groan and began to lead Myers up to her new room.

Susie: "Y/N!"

I turned around just in time for Susie to embrace me.

Susie: "I'm glad you're safe."

She whispered in a soft tone.

I sat in silence for a few seconds as I thought about her words.

I may be safe, but that may cost her own safety. Does she even realize the danger she's in?

Y/N: "...yeah."

She pulled away after that trying not to make eye contact, but even then, I could see the pain in her eyes caused by my lack of enthusiasm.

Susie: "I-I'll see you tomorrow then."

She said before quickly entering her room. Freya, on the other hand, didn't even look at me as she walked by and closed her door behind her.

I could feel an empty pit inside my stomach as I realized I may have lost the only people I could consider friends. They hate me because of my own actions, and worst of all, I didn't even understand why they were mad. I did it for them, to save them!

I could feel a headache start to form in my forehead as I continued to think, but before I could continue I felt a hand grab my own from behind. I turned around to see Myers had taken off her mask and was now holding my hand. A small smile formed on her face as she linked her fingers with mine and pulled me ever so slightly closer.

At least not everyone's mad at me.

I returned her smile before continuing to lead her to her new room, still holding her hand along the way.

I opened her door and walked inside as she trailed closely behind me. I helped her in bed and turned off the lights before walking into my own room to finally pass out myself.

I laid there, still fully dressed, as my eyes began to get heavier and heavier until they were impossible to keep open.

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

Well, at least until a knock at my bedroom door jolted me awake. I looked at the clock to see that only about three minutes had passed. I slowly got up and walked to the door to see Myers was standing there. I sighed before explaining that she had to sleep in her own bed and walked her back to her room.

I laid back down in my own bed, continuing to look up at my ceiling. The more I stared, the more it seemed to move in the darkness, although I knew it was just an optical illusion in the dark.

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

I laid silently for a moment thinking about how much I didn't want to get up again, but a third set of knocks forced my hand. I opened the door, and to no one's surprise, Myers was standing there again. I sighed as I let her in and sat her on my bed. I grabbed a pillow and blankets around my room and threw them on the couch.

Y/N: "Please lay down I'm trying to go to sleep now."

I said to the ex-killer who was still sitting upright on my bed.

Acknowledging my words she lied down and pulled the covers over herself, and I turned the lights off to finish the night. However, now that she was in my room I couldn't seem to fall asleep. I couldn't tell if it was the uncomfortable couch I was laying on or the fact that I couldn't help but think about how tomorrow would go, but either way, I thought I should use this time to answer some questions I had.