Strange Intuitions and Them Being Right Pt. 2

Ch 9.5 "Strange Intuitions and Them Being Right Pt. 2"

[Susie's POV]

My heart dropped as the announcement came on over the live speakers.

???: "Attention all students. The student, Y/N L/N, has gone missing in the canyon. If you have any information please head to the administration office. We urge all students who are walking home to pair with a buddy and to not walk alone. Once more, If you are walking home, please do not walk alone."

Y/N... was missing?

I couldn't speak. I didn't know what to say. Was he kidnapped? After all the crazy shit we went through he was going to get kidnapped?! Behind the school?! What a stupid way to die!

Teacher: "Okay class. School will be getting out early today. Please keep calm and leave in an orderly fashion, and remember: Please don't walk alone."

All the students began to stand up around me, but I didn't notice them.

Could the Entity have made its next move? That has to be it! I had to go search the forest for any signs of him, and if I'm lucky maybe I could find the realm he was in.

I stood up and began to walk out the door, but I was stopped by Chad was standing in front of me.

Chad: "Hey Susie! With Y/N gone you don't have a ride home right? If you need one, we'd be happy to give you a lift."

Behind him were a few people. A cute blonde girl gave me a wave, before turning her attention back to a friend.

Susie: "I'm okay actually. Thanks for the offer though!"

I said before trying to maneuver around him, but once again I was stopped by Chad's hand in front of my chest.

Chad: "Didn't you hear the announcement? You're not supposed to walk alone."

I could feel myself getting angry now. I didn't have time to be lollygagging around. His field trip was 5th period meaning it's been at least 30 min, in the real world that is, since he's been playing the Entity's game, and that's assuming he was abducted at the very end of the period.

Susie: "I'm not walking. My sister's picking me up and I'm already late, so will you please let me go?"

He moved his hand out of the way without saying a word, but I wouldn't have listened even if he did. I walked out the door, then looped around the back of the school and crouched down as I got closer to the tree line.

I peeked around the art building to get a look, but unfortunately there were police patrolling the tree line so I couldn't get through... at least not alone.

I ran back all the way back to the house and crashed through the door.

Susie: "FREYA!"

Freya was sitting on the couch watching... a movie? She jumped and quickly switched the TV to something else, but it was too late.

Susie: "What were you just doing?"

Freya: "N-nothing! I was just browsing my phone, why?"

Susie: "No, you were definitely just watching a movie."

She stuttered a bit before speaking.

Freya: "O-ok, yes, I was. But what does it matter to you?"

Susie: "You always act like you hate movies! Y/N was even trying to find a different thing he thought you would like!"

Her cheeks turned bright red at the realization. She fell to her knees and her head to the floor.

Freya: "Please don't tell him, I'll do anything!"