Separated

Chapter 19: "Separated"

[Timeskip]

[3rd Person POV]

The 4 slept peacefully in Y/N's bed, all partially clothed from the night before.

Y/N slept on Freya's chest as Susie and Mica hugged him from the only two other available angles.

Y/N slept peacefully, resting in the warmth that the three brought to his bed. Freya's hand rested on his head, bringing him a sense of comfort that held him in his deep sleep.

Everything had worked itself out, and the four were right where they wanted to be.

If only everything were able to stay as peaceful as it felt.

[Y/N POV]

My eyes snapped open to the cold surroundings of what looked like some sort of estate. I quickly looked around for the 3 that I fell asleep with, but they were nowhere to be found.

Give yourself up, and I'll let your friends live.

It was a younger girl's voice speaking those words. It sounded like it was coming directly from my head. It ached as the Entity's thoughts forced themselves in.

I tried to collect my thoughts as I processed what my brain's intruder had said. It was a tempting offer, but one that had no ground. The voice only said let them live, meaning he may not let them free, and on top of that, I didn't know who was offering me this.

Now hearing this voice with context, my natural assumption was that it was the entity, but I had heard him speak before, and it was not that voice that gave me the offer.

The more important detail was that there was a possibility that the three were here with me. They were strong. I had seen their strength firsthand, but if they are here, that means there is a trick to this game. One that put the odds against us even with three powered killers on my side.

Sitting here pondering all of this was gonna get me nowhere. I had to act.

[Susie POV]

Tears poured down my face as I tried everything in my power to pull the cursed clothes off me.

Why? Why was I back in the blood-stained clothes that I had gotten rid of so long ago? Why do I have to be reminded of this now?

No matter how hard I pulled, how much strength I used to tear them off of me, no matter how much I cried, they stayed put on my body like they were glued to my skin itself.

I fell to my hands and knees as I sobbed so hard it hurt.

This... This wasn't supped to be me anymore. So why... why was I here?

A shuffle came from in front of me, causing me to look up. A taller man stood looking down at me. He had blue jeans and a ripped white shirt on, but the most telling sign was his deformed face looked as if his excess skin was covering it like a mask.

I slowly moved back to my feet, stepping backward as he continued to stare down at me. After a few moments, he just looked forward and continued walking like I wasn't even there like I was on his team.

Susie: "No... no. D-don't walk away from me. I-I'm not like you! Don't walk away from me!"

My voice went from quaking to a full-on scream by the end of it.

He didn't even look back at me and my fit of rage as he just continued on his way, looking for whatever was more important.

I took a step forward to follow him, but before I could, I was tackled to the ground from the side.