Confession

Chapter 10: "Confession"

[Laurie's POV]

I walked away from Haddonfield for the final time in my life with an uneasy heart. I couldn't help but think about how different things could have been. Maybe if I would have brought him with me by force he would have made it, or maybe we both would have died, but whatever way it would have gone, it was too late now.

I looked back one more time to see if maybe... maybe he would be walking out those gates, but when I looked back it was just forest.

It's over... Ughhh He did it to himself, so why am I feeling bad?

I tried to reason with myself to rid me of the guilt I was feeling, however, my thoughts were interrupted by some movement on the ground. A human figure, that I recognized as Y/N, lifted himself off the ground.

Laurie: "Y/N!!!"

I yelled as I ran over to him, but slowed down as he lifted another figure off the ground.

Is that? No. Fucking. Way.

I ran over and tackled him out of the way before she could lay a hand on him. I may have added a little bit of power for my own satisfaction, but it got the job done. He looked up, slightly dazed from his fall, as I stood between him and the killer. She never took her eyes off Y/N and watched him as he began to slowly pick himself off the ground.

Laurie: "Get up Y/N! I'm getting you out of here, whether you like it or not!"

Y/N: "Wait yo-"

Laurie: "No, no more waiting! We're both getting out of here, even if I have to carry you!"

He seemed to be taking his sweet time getting up, as I kept my eye on the woman in front of me. She had only been staring at Y/N until she bent down and picked up the mask he dropped when I decked him. She put it on and finally turned her attention towards me. I prepared myself to grab Y/N and run, but before I could reach back, she was already in front of me.

She can run?! Fucking piece of shit movies!

Her hand wrapped around my throat and whipped me off my feet. I dragged my heels along the ground trying to get my footing back, but it wasn't happening. She winded her free hand back and I braced myself for impact.

[Freya's POV]

I called Y/N's name again in a futile attempt to locate him. Our hope started to dwindle as we hit the hour mark in our search. My ankles ached under the pressure of my body, and I could feel the urge to sit against the tree growing more powerful with every step.

???: "Y/N!!!"

Susie and I both looked in the direction of the scream, then at each other. We nodded and took off into the forest.

In the distance I could see two women fighting, but no Y/N insight. That was until I saw him jump in the middle of the fight, and almost get punched by a woman with a mask. The two women separated as he slowly approached the one with the mask.

Freya: "Y/N!"

I yelled as I reached him. I wrapped my arms around him before I fully stopped, almost knocking him down in the process. He looked up with sorrow in his eyes but buried his face in my shoulder, as I felt his arms snake around my body.

[Y/N POV]

I let myself fall into her warmth as I returned the hug and tried to keep down the tears. I felt another body press against my back.

Susie: "I'm so glad you're safe."

She spoke in a whisper as she pressed her face against my neck.