"Anotha One"

Chapter 5 - "Anotha One" - DJ Khalid

(I couldn't think of a good title for this one)

[Y/N POV]

Where am I? At least last time I fell asleep in the woods, but in my house? Maybe I pissed The Entity off... heh probably.

Without wasting anymore time, I bent down and got to work on the broken generator.

Finding parts that needed replacing, a small clean up, and connecting them all together. I remembered everything Jeff had taught me. I sat in silence for a few seconds as I reminisced about that short time I had with him.

He was truly a great guy. Well, at least I think so anyway. I only knew him for a few minutes, so who really knows?

In all honesty, whether he was a good person or not, I still considered him a friend and the person who saved my life. And plus, I'm living with a murder so who am I to talk?

breaking away from my thoughts I looked up at the last piece of the generator. I slowly lifted my hand which contained the last part, and slowly attached it to the generator.

*Click*

I jolted up, my eyes fully open as I gasped for air. I felt groggy like I did when I first woke up, I could feel my butt aching from the hard floor.

D-did I just wake up?

I scanned my surroundings and luckily -lucky is a strong word- was still in the same room, except this time it was... gloomy. Before it was dark, but I could still see the moonlight shining through the windows and the colors that painted the walls. However, now it was as if everything had a grey tint to it, no, as if it was covered in fog.

The light that surrounded us was like a thick fog blocking the daylight from shining through instead of the lighting of clear night sky like I was just in.

I immediately got a bad feeling from this new game, or killer, or whatever you want to call it. At least last time they were real people that I could run from, but now... it could get me from anywhere. I don't even know if this thing has a physical form or not.

I quickly turned my attention back to the generator which I had once fixed, but luckily for me it remained that way. The four pistons were pumping at full force, but the machine wasn't producing light.

I walked closer to inspect the generator and lightbulbs that were positioned higher up on a wooden pole, but to my surprise, upon closer inspection the lights were already on. The lightbulbs were on, but not producing light.

If that sounds confusing it's probably because it is. I had a hard time figuring out what was happening as I was looking at it.

The lightbulbs were glowing yellow, but no light was escaping them. It was like the wire inside the lightbulb was working, but the glass surrounding it acted as a force field for the light.

I sat there for a minute or two examining the strange phenomena until a loud clap rang out from behind me.

I jumped slightly, letting out a small scream in the process, but when I regained my senses the scenery was back to normal. No fog or gray tint, and on top of that the generator was producing light.

???: "Hey kid, what's your name?"

I turned around to see a mean, older looking man. He was wearing a stained wife beater that exposed his bulging belly, and dirty blue jeans. He had a hairline that receded deep into the top of his head, and brown eyes that were cold enough to make even a monster hesitate.