Gardenside Housing

Chapter 7:"Gardenside Housing"

[Y/N POV]

Y/N: "Freya, they both look good on you. Please just choose, or actually, how about you just get both?"

I can feel my eyes roll back into my head as Freya closes the door to the changing room for the 20th time. After 3 hours and 27 different outfits, I never wanted to see another Macy's in my life. However, even through all the boredom I couldn't stop a smile from escaping my lips. I couldn't help but feel, nostalgic.

Every year I would go back to school shopping with my mom, and every year we would end up with more clothes for her than I. I feel my stomach tighten as I think about all those times with her I took for granted. If I could just have one more time, one more day with her to tell her how I feel...

Freya: "Y/N... Earth to Y/N! Hello!?"

I turn my head to see Freya walking over to me.

Freya: "Woah. Thought I lost you there for a second. Anyway, how about this one?"

She said as she does a 360 revealing the new outfit. It consisted of a pair of blue skinny jeans with rips on the thighs, and a solid blue long sleeve shirt with a V-neck.

Considering it was the least revealing outfit she had picked so far, I was more than happy.

Y/N: "It's perfect! Are we done now?"

Freya: "I think that's enough for today, don't you?"

We checked out and started the walk back to the car. the parking lot was packed due to it being Saturday, and the new sushi restaurant opening in the same shopping center, so the only parking we could find was a while out.

I could feel my ankles start to ache as we exited the parking lot onto the side walk. We had a long walk from here and I was dreading every step.

After walking a few blocks I saw a sign pointing to the "Gardenside Housing". I remembered seeing the same sign where we parked. If we went through there we could cut straight to our car, right?

After a quick check on google maps, I was right.

Y/N: "Hey, I think if we cut through this neighborhood we should be able to get to the car quicker."

Freya: "Oh thank god, these heels are killing me!"

Y/N: "I did tell you not to where those, didn't I?"

Freya: "Yeah but I look good, no?"

I just shook my head with a laugh as we turned right onto the shortcut.

As we walked I noticed that nobody was around. No cars were on the street, no kids running around, even all the lights were off. I thought it was weird but maybe it closed down or something?

My thoughts were interrupted by the roar from an engine sounding behind us. I turned my head to see a large white van quickly approaching us. It stopped in front of us blocking our path and three large men jumped out.

Before I could grab Freya's hand to run, something heavy hit the side of my head knocking me to the floor. My ears were ringing and my vision was blurry. I could make out two of the men dragging Freya into the van as the third man followed, carrying a bat covered in blood.

I could feel a sticky substance begin to pool under me as I try to stand up. My arms gave out from under me causing my head to crash back down to the floor. The pool of blood under me splashed into my face.

The door to the van slid close severing my view of Freya. The tires screeched as it made a hard turn back onto the street and began to speed away.