Betrayal

Chapter 16: "Betrayal"

[3rd Person POV]

Freya was sitting in the kitchen when she heard the front door open and close. Assuming it was Y/N she looked at the time wondering why he was home earlier than usual. Her questions were answered as it only took a glance to understand why.

His face was coated in dried blood and she could see bruises forming on his face. He smiled innocently and gave a small laugh in an attempt to trivialize the situation.

Freya understood his feelings, even if only slightly, and decided to go against her original instinct and not overreact.

She walked over to him as he fell to his knees. His body was tired and standing became hard. She bent down in front of him so they were at the same level and softly moved his hair from his forehead.

Freya: "What happened?"

She said in a slight whisper.

It was the first thing said between them. He looked up to meet her eyes. She could see that his eyes became glossy as he gazed into hers.

Y/N: "Nothing really. Just some kids from school."

His voice was quiet as if he spoke any louder his seethrough lighthearted demeanor may entirely collapse.

Freya: "Do you need to go to a hospital?"

Her voice remained calm and steady.

Y/N: "No, I don't think so. I just want to go to bed."

She moved to his side and wrapped his right arm around her shoulders, helping him stand up with her body as support.

Freya: "Okay, let's get you cleaned up first, and then you can sleep for as long as you need."

She said as she helped him walk to the bathroom.

He leaned against the bathroom counter with his arms in the air at Freya's instruction. She slowly and carefully removed his shirt revealing the damage that had been done underneath.

It looked worse than she thought it would be using the damage done to his face as a baseline. Bruises lined his ribcage and there were also many all over the front of his body. She wondered who could have done this to him and why?

She helped undress the rest of him before undressing herself and helping him into the warm shower. There were no places to sit in the shower so they both stood, Y/N leaning against her when he needed.

The water ran down his face, slowly taking the weaker chunks of dried blood with it. As the blood slowly disappeared the natural color of his skin began to reappear.

A small face towel in hand, Freya began to carefully wipe the more stubborn blood off his face. Although she couldn't always avoid the bruising when wiping his face, she made sure to be careful where she adjusted her hand.

After a few minutes and a few winces from Y/N, his face was clean. Freya dropped the red-stained handtowel on the shower floor and embraced him as she took on his partial weight. He wrapped his arms around her waist, his hands resting on the small of her back.

She let the water fall over both of them as she ran her hands through his hair. As Y/N stood there in her comforting embrace, he kicked himself for thinking for a second that she could be the serial killer.

After indulging in each others body's for a short while, they got out of the shower and Freya gently dried Y/N and herself off. She wrapped the towel around him and helped dress him in soft shorts and a thin grey shirt.