Remedy

Chapter 17: "Remedy"

[Y/N POV]

Y/N: "Freya?"

I managed to choke out as I looked at the worst-case scenario.

I had decided to get to the bottom of Freya's late-night outings to finally put my mind at ease over the whole situation, so I followed her.

I wanted to do it sooner but Freya didn't go out the last few nights instead opting to sleep in my bed.

When she finally slept in her own room, I laid awake listening for her door to open, and when it did I followed her out. I followed her for a little over an hour before she took a corner and I lost her.

I was only alerted to where she was by the screams of the two that she was tormenting, and now, here I am, face to face with what I had tried not to suspect.

Her head snapped to me, her eyes wide and wild as she tried to process what she was seeing.

Freya: "Y/N... what are you doing here?"

I still tried to fully accept what I was looking at, but it was too hard. My vision became blurry as tears welled up in front of my eyes. I felt as if my adam's apple would fly out of my throat if I even attempted to speak.

Someone that I trusted had been lying to me this whole time, took my help and used it to harm countless others, betrayed my trust, but the worst of all, was that I knew. Deep down I knew that this has been happening but I ignored it because of my own personal feelings.

I couldn't just stand there and do nothing, in the end, this was partially my fault.

Y/N: "How could you do this?! This was my one rule, my one god damn rule, and you just ignored it entirely! This whole time you've been doing this under my nose?! I trusted you and you didn't care at all!"

I began to rip into her, screaming as loud as I could, as loud as I felt was needed. I didn't care about anything else, the only thing that mattered was getting my feelings across to Freya so that she would understand.

Tears streamed down my face as I yelled, and my voice cracked as it couldn't handle the constant level it was being used at.

I was angry. It was a feeling I haven't felt in a long time and it was terrible. I didn't want to be mad at her, but what else could I be. I felt used and betrayed and it hurt.

When I finished yelling at her I was right up in her face. I didn't even know that I had been moving the whole time.

Everything fell silent as I stopped, the only noise breaking the attention was my breathing as I attempted to catch my breath.

The boy behind her seemed to see this as his chance and made a mad dash past us. Freya waved her finger and he collapsed onto the cement next to the unconscious girl.

I wanted to yell at her again but I didn't have anything left in me.

I collapsed into a sitting position and sobbed into my arm as I hid my face. I didn't know what to do, I hadn't felt this way since my parents had died.

After their death, I made sure to close myself off from everything and everyone. I wouldn't go through a loss like that again, but I did with Freya, Susie, and Mica too, and here I was. This is where that got me.

I felt Freya's hand on my shoulder.

Freya: "I-I'm sorry."

I stood up and shook it off.

Y/N: "How does being sorry help us now?"

I could see she was hurt by my words but that was irrelevant at the moment.