The Meeting

Chapter 6: "The Meeting"

[Y/N POV]

After escaping the game, for the second time, I walked straight home as I explained the situation to my new housemate, Freya, who all the while looked weirdly... impressed. She unsurprisingly took it all pretty well, and didn't need much help understanding.

After a long and grueling walk we made it to the front door that was basking in the dim light that hung overhead. I quietly opened the door and snuck inside, signaling to Freya to do the same.

To be honest I was a little nervous about Freya and Susie meeting. I mean, two "ex" murder's in the same room, living in the same house? It sounds like a recipe for disaster if you ask me.

So with that in mind, I helped Freya sneak to my room undetected. Once we were both in I slowly closed the door and turned around I jumped slightly as Freya inches away from my face. She was looking down at me ever so slightly, her eyes deadest on mine. A wild look filled her pupils as she moved her hand above my right shoulder, slamming her palm against the door.

That's a fucking power move!

I could feel my heart rate rise as the feeling of nervousness flooded my limbs. My entire body felt heavier, I couldn't pull away. We just stared for what felt like an hour before I finally got the nerve to move.

I slid to the side that was left open and maneuvered my way around her. I grabbed some sweatpants and a shirt from my dresser and handed them to her.

Her cheeks were slightly puffed out as she looked away to avoid eye contact. She was obviously pouting. I felt bad, but there was nothing I could do. I didn't want to do anything crazy, especially when I've avoided the same type of thing with Susie. Plus, she'll get over it soon enough.

Y/N: "Here's some clothes for tonight. Go ahead and take a shower and I'll get some food ready."

Freya: "Okay..."

Her voice had a slight hint of sadness, but it was mostly overshadowed by her normal outgoing tone. It was only then that I truly saw through the mask she had so worn so tightly.

Maybe I should be careful with how I turn her down for now on.

The sound of the shower turning on snapped me out of my thoughts, and I went to start our dinner.

As I exited the room I could see a small amount of light coming from underneath Susie's bedroom door. Curious to see why she was up I walked over, putting my ear against the door. It was quiet except for... a faint crying noise?

Now I was a little worried. I quickly opened the door and traced the light to an open bathroom door. My stomach dropped as I laid my eyes on the sight before me. Susie was sitting down against the cabinet attached to the sink, her wrists covered in blood that was spilling onto the white tile floor. She was crying as she looked at me with her puffy eyes.

Y/N: "S-Susie, what did you do?"

I quickly ran over to her, inspecting her wrists as my hands became drenched in her blood. I could feel the warm touch of my own tears running down my face as I made eye contact with her once again.

Y/N: "Why? Why would you do this?"

My voice cracked as I tried to finish each individual word.

Susie: "I-I need to know if I'm even human anymore! That... that thing! The Entity. I'm scared it might still l have control over me. I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry."

She broke out into more uncontrollable sobs. My mind was rushing to figure out how to calm her down, stop the bleeding, and comfort her in the end. I figured that first things first I would need to calm her down, but that was easier said than done. All of my attempts to get her attention were drowned out by the sound of her crying.