Knight In Shining Armor

A/N: Hi, everybody. Sorry for the long wait on these chapters. It was kind of a mess to write, but here we are. Honestly, I'm not super motivated to write this story anymore. I usually plan out the entirety of the story before I start writing, but now, especially after coming back, I'm just at a point in the story that I'm not interested in writing right now, but I also can't change it, especially this close to the ending.

Anyway, It took longer because I was gone for a week, but also I started writing a new story that I'm just gonna do chapter by chapter with no real plan for the future, so hopefully, that will be more fun for me to write, and more fun for you guys to read as I can kind of do whatever I feel like. So, enjoy the chapters, and the next two should be the last two!

Chapter 18: "Knight In Shining Armor"

[Y/N POV]

Y/N: "We're home!"

I walked through the front door, Susie entering close behind me.

I was instantly jumped on by Mica, who wrapped her arms and legs around me, nuzzling my neck. I stumbled backward slightly but luckily caught myself and held the affectionate woman in my arms.

My body was almost entirely healed by now. The pain had subsided to the point I forgot it existed, and other than a bit of stiffness, I felt as good as new.

After her quick show of affection, she released me from her grasp as I did mine, and she returned to standing on her own two feet.

I looked to the kitchen as Freya flashed me a smile from her seat near the counter.

We had made up, but things weren't exactly back to normal. There was less physical affection from her as she tended to keep her distance. On top of that, although she slept with me almost every night, she never made any physical advances toward me.

Honestly, I was kind of getting sick of it.

At first, I understood and agreed that we should take it slow as we re-acclimated to each other, but it had been almost a week and a half at this point, and I was ready to get back into the swing of things with her.

It was to the degree that she had walked in on Susie, Mica, and I as we were in the middle of... getting jiggy with it... and she just said, "Oops, sorry," and walked off. Under normal circumstances, she would have just joined, but something was different with her.

The hard part was, I didn't know if she was staying away for herself or me. I didn't want to throw myself onto her if she wasn't ready, but I also had no clue how to show her that I was without pushing it too far.

Freya: "How was school?"

Y/N: "Just another day, I guess."

Freya looked towards Susie as I sat on the couch, dropping my school supplies on the table. Susie shook her head silently, causing Freya to shoot her an annoyed glare.

Susie: "It was fine, nothing special to report."

It was clear there was some non-verbal communication between the two, but I wasn't going to ask about it now.

Afterward, we all continued with our own activities. Susie and I worked on the small amount of homework we had left, Freya browsed her phone next to us on the couch, and Mica turned on "The Boys" which she had been watching with interest.

Eventually, Freya's phone battery became low, and she moved to her room to charge it whilst she used it. I watched her walk off, wondering if I should follow her, but ultimately decided against it. Now slightly distracted, I continued my work.